If you want to study in Australia with fully-funded scholarships, please read this entire article. Because we will explain in detail what Australia Awards Scholarships Application are, their benefits, and the step-by-step application process in this article.
About Australia Awards Scholarships-Brief Description
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The aim of the scholarship award is to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in accordance with bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia scholarships Awards were formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS). It offers full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions to people from developing countries, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships help individuals develop the skills and knowledge they need to drive change and contribute to development in their home countries.
- Scholarships Awards Sponsor: Australian Government
- Study Levels: Bachelors/Masters/PhD Degrees
- Institution(s): Participating Australian Institutions
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Business & Law
- Engineering & Technology
- Medical and Applied Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Application Deadline: 29 April (annually). Check here to check country-specific deadlines.
- The course starts in 2023/2024
- Note that the application is currently closed for 2022 application submission. However, it is good to start preparing for the 2023 scholarship awards early.
Benefits Of Australia Awards Scholarships Application
Australia Awards Scholarships Application is available for the minimum time required to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. In general, the following advantages apply:
- Full tuition fee
- return air travel payment for a single round-trip economy class ticket to and from Australia via the shortest route.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a department-determined rate.
- establishment allowance-a one-time payment to help with living expenses, textbooks, and study materials.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)-a required program before beginning formal academic studies that covers information on living and studying in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is provided for the duration of the award (for award holders only) to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Fees for pre-course English (PCE) if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training, as well as
- supplementary academic support to ensure a scholar’s academic success or to enhance their academic experience.
See More Scholarships you can apply for:
Scholarships Awards Duration
The scholarships are available for the minimum time required to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training.
Australia Awards Scholarships Application Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Scholarship:
- be at least 18 years old on the first of February of the scholarship year;
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship;
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently;
- Applicant must not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the scholarship period; not be married to, engaged to.
- Applicant must not be currently serving military personnel
- not have previously received a long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years);
- not have any criminal convictions (including those in their home country), including those relating to Child Protection and PSEAH;
- Pacific Secondary School Scholarship Program (PSSSP) recipients who completed their secondary school education in Australia the previous year are eligible to apply for a long-term Australia Award.
- have met any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (for example, having worked in an appropriate field for a certain number of years).
Participating countries/Target group:
This page lists the countries that are eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, as well as the eligibility criteria for each country.
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, the Pacific, Africa, or the Middle East. See the full list of participating countries Here.
Australia Awards Scholarships Application Award conditions
Applicants who wish to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship must sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will abide by the scholarship’s terms.
Scholars must leave Australia for at least two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar owing the total amount of their scholarship.
Note that the application is currently closed for 2022 application submission. However, it is good to start preparing for the 2023 scholarship awards early.
Check your country’s open and close dates, and then choose your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for more information on eligibility, priority areas, and how to apply. Applications can be submitted either online or by mail (if unable to apply online). Except for Tonga, which has yet to be announced, the deadline is April 29, 2022.
For detailed and up-to-date information on how to apply for this Australia Awards Scholarships Application, please read the how to apply page and visit the country-specific pages, as well as the official website (link found below).
How To Apply
Follow this link to see all the information on how to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship.
Was this helpful?
Share your opinion in the comment box below.