Canada Carleton Prestige Scholarships: Carleton University (Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada) For International Students offers one of Canada’s most generous scholarship and bursary programs. Over 15,700 scholarships and bursaries totaling more than $31.9 million were awarded to undergraduate students last year.
Types of Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
There are two different types of Carleton university scholarships:
- The Carleton Capital Scholarships
Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
Our most prestigious awards are our Prestige Scholarships. Only students who enter Carleton directly from high school or CÉGEP with an admission average of 90% or higher will be considered for a Prestige Scholarship. The selection committee will also consider the breadth of your extracurricular activities in your community or secondary school. By March 1, all applications and a letter of recommendation are required.
The highest awards are Prestige Scholarships: the Chancellor’s Scholarship, the Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarship, the Carleton University Scholarship of Excellence, the Carleton University SHAD Scholarship, the Jay Woo and CAA Scholarship, the Riordon Scholarship, and the Collins Prestige Scholarship.
- Only students who enter Carleton directly from high school or CEGEP will be considered for a prestige scholarship.
- These awards are not available to students who have previously attended a post-secondary educational institution (college or university).
- All prestige scholarships require an admission average of 90 percent or higher.
- The selection committee will also consider the breadth of your extracurricular activities in your community or secondary school.
Note: One application form is used for all the prestige scholarships.
Carleton Prestige Scholarships and Terms
The table below shows the types of Carleton scholarships, their value, terms, and admission average:
Applicants may be considered for one of the following Prestige Scholarships
|Number of Scholarships||Value||Terms||Admission Average|
|Ten Chancellor’s Scholarships||$30,000 ($7,500 x four years)||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|Seven Richard Lewar Entrance Scholarships||$21,500 ($6,500 in the first year and $5,000 in second, third, and fourth year)||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|Three Carleton University Scholarships of Excellence||$20,000 ($5,000 x four years)||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|Two Carleton University SHAD Scholarships||$20,000 ($5,000 x four years)||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|Jay Woo and CAA Scholarship||$20,000 ($5,000 x four years)||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|One Riordon Scholarship||Full tuition in first, second, third, and fourth year||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
|One Collins Prestige Scholarship||Full tuition in first, second, third, and fourth year||Renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
Carleton Capital Scholarships-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
Up to 13 students will be chosen each year, one from each province and territory, to receive a $2,000 award in their first year. In addition to other Entrance Scholarships, the Carleton Capital Scholarship is awarded. Students must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons entering the first year of a degree program and pursuing post-secondary studies for the first time to be eligible for the Carleton Capital Scholarship.
Students must also demonstrate involvement in extracurricular activities as well as a strong academic background (with a minimum admission average of 90 percent). A formal application is required. The deadline is March 1st.
Students who complete this application may be eligible for a Carleton Capital Scholarship.
Students must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons in order to be considered.
|Number of Scholarships and value||Minimum average|
|Up to 13 students are selected, with one recipient from each province and territory in Canada.||$2,000 in the first year||Non-renewable||90% and extracurricular activities throughout secondary school|
Eligibility Criteria for Carleton Capital Scholarships
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- students must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or
- protected persons of Canada
- Students submitting an application must have an admissions average of 90% or better
- Must have demonstrated leadership roles in their extracurricular activities throughout school.
- Only candidates with no previous attendance at a post-secondary educational institution (college or university excluding CE-GEP) will be considered.
- Students must be pursuing post-secondary studies for the first time.
Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada Application Instruction
1. Applicants must have an admissions average of 90 percent or higher, as well as have demonstrated leadership roles in extracurricular activities throughout secondary school.
2. No additional attachments should be included by students (e.g. resumes, portfolios, photos, certificates, etc.). Students may, however, re-type the questions with their answers if necessary (this will not be considered an attachment).
3. Individuals who are completing the student’s reference may submit their recommendation as a separate attachment (only one reference per candidate will be considered).
4. Only applicants who have never attended a post-secondary educational institution (college or university, excluding CEGEP) will be considered. Students must be enrolling in postsecondary education for the first time.
5. There is a form that can be filled out. Please fill out, print, and return this application to the Awards Office by March 1, (if the deadline date lands on a weekend, the application must be submitted the first working day after the deadline date).
Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada Application Deadline
The application submission deadline for the academic year is March 1, annually. However, if the deadline date lands on a weekend, the application must be submitted the first working day after the deadline date.
How To Apply-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
To submit an application for Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada, follow this step:
- Download the application file on your computer, click here to download the file.
- open it in Adobe and
- fill it out, then submit it via email. That’s all.
- For more details about the Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada visit the official website here.
Additional Entrance Scholarships
Awards for International Students at Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
International students applying for September 2022 will be automatically considered for either the International Award of Excellence OR the International Award of Merit in addition to the Entrance Scholarships. These are one-time merit-based awards given to students who enter Carleton straight from high school, based on their grades at the time of admission. There is no need for an additional application.
Sprott School of Business Scholarships-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
The Dean’s Entrance Scholarship of Excellence, worth $2,000 or $4,000, will be given to the top students starting their first year in the Bachelor of Commerce program. This scholarship is in addition to any other Entrance Scholarships that may be awarded.
Also, Apply for:
Engineering and Design Faculty Scholarships
Up to 60 scholarships ranging in value from $1,000 to $5,000 will be awarded to top students enrolled in selected Bachelor of Engineering programs. In addition to other Entrance Scholarships, this scholarship is given.
Arthur Kroeger College National Scholarships
Students entering the Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management program will be eligible for up to ten scholarships. This is valued at $2,000, the scholarship will be awarded in addition to other Entrance Scholarships. Two students (minimum admission average of 90%) will be chosen from each of the five regions listed below:
- British Columbia and Northern Canada
- Atlantic Canada
Page Program Entrance Scholarships-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded to House of Commons Page Program students pursuing an undergraduate degree at Carleton. The $1,000 scholarship is given in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Law Scholarship in Architectural Studies
An outstanding full-time undergraduate international student entering the Bachelor of Architectural Studies will receive a $10,000 scholarship each year. Eligible students must have graduated from a Chinese/Hong Kong high school. A formal application is required.
Collins Memorial Entrance Scholarships for Earth Sciences
Two or more $1,000 to $4,000 scholarships will be awarded to students entering the first year of an Earth Sciences program. The scholarship is in addition to other Entrance Scholarships.
Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada Bursaries
A bursary is a monetary award similar to a scholarship in that it is not expected to be repaid, but it is based on financial need rather than academic achievement.
Carleton University Entrance Bursary
A Carleton University Entrance Bursary will provide you with extra funds to help you cover the direct education costs of your first year of studies. A formal application is required. The deadline is June 30th.
Leadership Entrance Bursary-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
High school students who have demonstrated leadership in extracurricular activities and community service may be eligible for a Leadership Entrance Bursary. However, a formal application is required.
Work Study Program on Campus-Carleton Prestige Scholarships Canada
A part-time job on campus is an excellent way to offset the costs of university. Throughout the academic year, most campus units hire students. Senior students are frequently hired as research assistants by departments. A part-time job not only gives you extra money, but it also gives you valuable job experience.
Carleton’s Career Services assists students with job search assistance as well as on-campus career counseling.
For students who demonstrate financial need, the Work Study Program offers part-time, on-campus employment.