How To Change Or Reset Gmail Password
For security reasons, you can change your password or reset it if you forget it. Many Google products, such as Gmail and YouTube, require your google account password to access them. This how-to change or reset Gmail Password will teach you all the steps in changing your Gmail account password. It’s simple, easy, and fast
You can do this with the desktop, iPhone, and Android versions of Gmail. So, if you’ve forgotten your password or someone tampered with your Gmail account, you can change it using Google’s reset form.
Changing your Gmail password is simple, whether you’re using a desktop, an iPhone, or an android app. Continue reading for instructions on how to do all of them.
Do you need to change your Gmail password for whatever reason? Here are the steps to follow.
How To Change Your Gmail Password
As earlier stated, changing your Gmail password is simple, whether you’re using a desktop, an iPhone, or the android app. If your account is compromised or you don’t like your password any longer. Then it’s time to change it to avoid had I known.
Learn How To Create AOL Mail Account
However, Changing your Gmail password may appear to be a task, but it can be an excellent way to protect yourself from potential risks and combat security breaches when they occur. And, assuming you have a new password in mind, it only takes a minute or two to complete.
Important Tips to Note:
- There are several ways to change your Gmail password on an iPhone, Android, or computer.
- If you don’t have the Gmail app, you can change your password through a web browser.
- When you change your Gmail password, you will be signed out on the majority of your devices.
See How To Change Your Gmail account password Using Different Devices
Follow the steps below:
Using The Gmail Android Mobile App
1. Go to your phone Settings: It is usually represented by a gear icon in your app drawer. Alternatively, swiping down from the top of the home screen and tapping the gear icon in the upper-right corner will also take you to Settings.
2. Scroll down and Click on Google: Depending on your phone or tablet, the Google option will usually be denoted by a “G.”
3. Click or tap Manage your Google Account at the top.
4. Select Security at the top of the screen.
5. Under Signing into Google, Tap Password. To proceed to the next step, you may need to sign in to your account.
6. Enter Your New Password, then click Next. This will take you straight to the ‘Password’ page.
7. Enter your New desired Password into the top space provided. Make sure your password has at least 8 characters and is a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
8. Retype the new password into the ″Confirm new password″ blank. Make sure to type it exactly as you entered it into the first box.
9. Tap Change Password to complete the process.
How TO Change Gmail Password On iPhone or iPad
1. Go to the Gmail app on your phone. Or you can download it for the Apple Store if you don’t have it.
- If you don’t remember your password, reset it instead.
- Changing your Gmail password affects all other Google products, including Google Drive and Google Photos.
2. Tap your profile picture or initials. This can be seen at the top right corner of the page
3. Click Manage your Google Account. Can you see it near the top of the window just below your Gmail address?
4. At the upper-left area of the screen, tap the Personal info tab.
5. Click on Password. This is located at the bottom of the “Basic info” section. You may be prompted to sign in again using your current password.
6. Enter your current password and click Next. Once your current password is validated, you can create a new one.
7. Enter Your New Password twice. Enter your new password in the “New password” text box, then enter it again in the “Confirm new password” text box.
8. Click on Change Password. Now, your not password has been set
How To Change Your Gmail Password with Desktop
To change your password Using desktop, follow the steps below:
1. log in to myaccount.google.com.This is the sign-in page for Google. If you are already logged in, your account settings will be displayed. If not, sign in now by following the on-screen instructions.
2. Click on Personal Info on the left side of the panel.
3. Click on Password. It’s at the bottom of the “Basic info” section in the right panel.
4. Enter your current password and Tap on Next. Now, the ‘Password’ opens.
5. Type in your new password and confirm it in the box provided. Ensure they are the same.
6. Now, click on Change Password to complete changing your password immediately.
How To Reset Gmail Password
Follow these steps to reset your Gmail forgotten password immediately:
1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery in any web browser of your choice.
2. Enter your email and click on Next
3. Tap on Try another way. You’ll need to use one of google’s recovery methods since you don’t know your password.
4. Click Text. This causes Google to send a verification code to the phone number you’ve registered with Gmail.
- However, if you’d rather receive a call from Google, you can choose Call.
- If you don’t have a phone number associated with your account, you may be able to have the code emailed to you instead. The options you’ll see are determined by the information you’ve given Google.
- Note, you may be required to confirm your phone number or email address by entering it in the text box at the bottom of the form and clicking Next.
5. Retrieve your verification code; Open your phone’s text message app (or your email app if you received the code through email), open the message from Google, and copy the six-digit code in the text message.
- If you receive a call, answer it and listen to the voice describing the code.
6. Enter the verification code you received and click on Next.
7. Enter the new password of your choice twice in the box provided.
8. Click on Change password.
What happens after you change your password
When you change or reset your password, your account is now secured. No other person will have access to your email account anymore. This is because Google will automatically sign the account out of other devices. However, note that:
If you change or reset your password, you’ll be signed out everywhere except:
- The devices you use to verify that it’s you when you signed in.
- Some other devices with third-party apps that you’ve given account access to.
- Helpful home devices that you gave account access to.
Note: To access your Gmail account from any other device after changing or resetting your password, you have to sign in again.
Was that helpful? However, for further questions, comments, or contributions about how to change Or reset your Gmail password hit the comment section. Thanks, but don’t forget to share with your loved ones.