The fully funded British Chevening scholarships for international students 2023/2024 batch application opens on August 2, 2022, at 12:00 BST. The deadline for the Chevening scholarship application submission is November 1, 2022. Interestingly, students from many countries can apply for these scholarships.
Therefore, start your study adventure in the UK by applying for this scholarship which is now open.
Chevening Scholarships is the United Kingdom government’s international scholarship program aimed at developing global leaders. The good news is that the scholarship covers all subjects.
The scholarship, funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCO) and partner organizations, provides financial assistance to individuals pursuing a master’s degree at any UK university.
Chevening Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded master’s degree scholarship available to international students. The Chevening Scholarship pays for university tuition, a monthly living allowance, economy class return airfare to the UK, and other grants and allowances to cover necessary expenses.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from around the world to grow professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and create long-lasting beneficial interactions with the UK. More so, around 1,500 scholarships is been distributed worldwide.
Chevening offers two types of awards: Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships, with recipients chosen personally by British embassies and high commissions around the world.
Chevening Scholarships for international students Applications 2023
The Chevening scholarship is fully-funded and covers the followings; airfare, tuition, accommodation, etc. Therefore, students are free to focus on their studies and pursue their goals while in school. Similarly, recipients of Chevening scholarships are free to reside in the UK for one whole year.
Within this year, they can experience and enjoy the luxury of life the city has to offer and triumph academically.
Summary of Chevening Scholarships for international students
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study Country: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time Masters Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: This depends on the selected program, but not more than a one-year postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 2, 2021
Chevening Scholarships Allowance And Value/Amount
The benefits/value of Chevening scholarships are stated as follows below:
- Fully Tuition Fee
- Airfare to and from the recipient’s home country
- A coverage cost to cover clearance visa
- The allowance at the time of departure
- Settlement or an arrival allowance
- Top-up allowance for travel
- A 75 GBP allowance as a contribution to the cost of TB testing. However, this will only be given to those who need it.
- A monthly stipend or allowance for living and housing expenses. The amount will depend on where the recipient lives (in and outside London). This is given around the 21st of every month against the coming month.
- Travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Number of Awards
The Chevening scholarship awards around 1500 British Council scholarships awards to deserving students every year.
The eligibility criteria for applying for the Chevening scholarships are as follow:
- Applicant must be from one of the Chevening-approved countries
- The student must return to their home country upon completion of the scholarship program. This means that the applicant must serve in his or her home country for at least 2 years.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree programs and all the requirements needed for them to be admitted into a master’s degree prom in the UK.
- The applicant must have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Applicant must have applied to at least 3 universities in the UK (these universities must be the ones approved by the Chevening scholarship program) and must have received an offer letter from at least one of the universities.
Who are Not Eligible To Apply?
The following person can apply for the Chevening scholarships:
- British citizens of students who hold dual citizenship, one of which must be British.
- Students that have previously studied in the UK under a scholarship funded by the British Government.
- Refugees from non-Chevening eligible countries even if they are citizens of Chevening approved countries if they hold refugee status in the country they are staying. Note that, an applicant who holds refugee status in Chevening-approved countries can also apply
- An employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
However, having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfill your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
How to Apply for Chevening Scholarships For International Students
Please follow the following instructions to submit your Chevening Scholarships application successfully:
- Go to the Chevening scholarship application page. See the website at the end below.
- Create an account on the Chevening scholarship page
- Then, create an account for the Chevening scholarship application
- Find your country in the list of Chevening partner/approved countries
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete/finish the quiz to assure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Then, fill out the Chevening scholarships application form with the required data and submit all the required documents:
- Completed education documents/credentials/certificates.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study.
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer).
- References (If you are invited to interview you will be invited to upload two references).
- Passport / ID cards.
- Save and submit your application before the application deadline date. Note that, it takes 8 months.
Click here to submit your application now!
Chevening Scholarships For International Students Required Documents To Be Submitted
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Reference letter
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Research Proposal, Study plan
- Letter of Moltivation
- Academic Transcripts/ certificates
- Letter of Intent
- Offer letter from at least one(1) of the three(3) universities the applicant applied to.
- Scanned copy of Passport / ID cards (National ID Card)
- English language test result: This is for candidates whose first language is not English and who have not been to an institution/university that do not use English as the primary medium of Instruction.
Note! The above documents must be uploaded in PDF format. More so, ensure that non of the documents exceed 5 MB in size.
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
All applicants should note the following dates listed below:
- The application opens on August 2, 2022, at 12:00 BST
- The application deadline is November 1, 2023, at 12:00 GMT
- From November 2, 2022, to February 2023, the application will be compared with eligibility criteria.
- Mid-November To December 2022: Independent reading committees assess all eligible applications. Their scores and rankings are then returned to local British embassies/high commissions for further action.
- Early to mid-February 2023: Applicants are shortlisted for an interview. Click here to read more about the interview.
February to Late-April 2023: Shortlisted applicants will be requested to submit two references and their education documents prior to their interview date.
27 FEBRUARY TO 28 APRIL 2023: The interview takes place properly. Candidates from all over the world are interviewed by panels at British embassies and high commissions.
- From June 2023: The result for the scholarships will be announced.
July 13, 2023: The deadline for candidates to receive and submit at least one unconditional UK university offer is 17:00 BST (UK time) on 13 July 2023.
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2023: 2023/2024 Chevening Scholars begin their studies in the United Kingdom, and join an international network they’ll be a part of for the rest of their lives!
Chevening Scholarships for international students Official Website
For more about the scholarships, please go to the official website here.
Was this helpful?
Meanwhile, don’t hesitate to reach us through the comment section if you have any question or comment about Chevening scholarships for international students. More so, don’t forget to share this post with your friends and loved ones.