DAAD Scholarships Program Application 2023: Study For Free In Germany
Are you looking for an opportunity to study for free in Germany? Here is the chance you have been waiting for. DAAD Scholarships program for international students is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2023-2024 season.
The DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at one of Germany’s top universities. DAAD scholarships pay 861 euros per month for graduates and 1,200 euros per month for doctoral candidates.
In this article, we will explain in detail everything about DAAD scholarships 2023, its benefits, and the step-by-step application procedure.
SEE ALSO: Berea College Scholarships 2023 For International Students.
The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries to pursue postgraduate or Master’s degrees at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, to pursue a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Brief Description About DAAD Scholarships 2023
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships provide foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience with the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, to pursue a doctoral degree and obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Summary
Below is an overview of the DAAD scholarships 2023 program:
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution(s): German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
- Study in: Germany
- Number of Scholarship(s): Limited
- Target Group: Students from eligible countries
- Courses Offered:
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: The deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2022.
SEE ALSO: Berea College Scholarships 2023 For International Students.
DAAD Scholarships 2023 Coverage
The DAAD Scholarships 2023 for Masters and Ph.D. in Germany provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, depending on the academic level.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Payments for health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- One-time study allowance.
More so, under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Subsidized monthly rent.
- Contribution to tuition fees levied by the university (up to € 500.- per semester).
DAAD Scholarship Value/Inclusions/Duration
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, as well as payments for health, accident, and personal liability insurance and travel allowances unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship period for Masters is 12 to 24 months (depending on the institution) and 42 months for Ph.D.
Apply For: BeArt Presets Academic 2023 Program-Fully Funded
DAAD ScholarshipS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and Ph.D. studies in Germany:
- Required Languages: German or English
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. Typically, you must submit an English language certificate. e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- But, for other programs, the language of instruction is German. Usually, you are required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: For the list of eligible developing countries, Click here.
- Candidates that have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or Master’s degree in a related subject.
- The candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
- Candidates must demonstrate that their motivation is development-related, and they will be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support change processes in their personal and professional environments following their training/scholarship.
DAAD Scholarship Application-DAAD Application Instructions
Applications must be submitted directly to the relevant course. The application procedure, application deadline, and required documents can be found on the respective course websites. The deadline varies depending on the course, but it is usually between August and October of 2022.
To access the application form and for more information on how to apply for this scholarship, read the FAQs and the 2023/2024 brochure, as well as visit the official website.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships 2023
To apply for a DAAD Scholarships 2023 for Masters and Ph.D. studies in Germany, please follow the steps below:
Can one Apply for more than one course under the DAAD scholarship?
Yes, You can apply for a maximum of three courses. If you are applying to more than one course, please list them in the DAAD application forms in the order of priority (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany), and do not change the priorities in the relevant application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarships 2023
- Signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Personally signed CV with the current date
- Letter of Motivation personally signed (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program(s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
- IMPORTANT: If you are applying for more than one postgraduate course (up to three), you must submit a single motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer: The letter must include letterhead, a signature, and an official stamp, and it must be current. Note: not in a sealed envelope.
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) demonstrating a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (following the bachelor’s degree) at the time of application, and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon return home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note that the institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- Copies of Academic Qualifications (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, including grading scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose a suitable course(s) of your interest.
- Apply to university(s) offering those courses.
- Send your complete application(s) (with the above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for the DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD scholarship Portal.
DAAD Scholarships Website
For more information on the DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and Ph.D. in Germany, please visit the official website: Official Scholarship Website.
FAQs About the DAAD Scholarship Program
Here are the frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the DAAD scholarship program:
What is the DAAD scholarship program?
The DAAD scholarship program is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) to international students, researchers, and academics. The program supports study, research, and teaching opportunities in Germany by providing funding for tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
Who is eligible to apply for a DAAD scholarship?
The eligibility criteria for DAAD scholarships vary depending on the type of scholarship, but in general, applicants must be international students, researchers, or academics who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree and have a strong academic record. Some scholarships may have specific requirements based on the applicant’s field of study, nationality, or language proficiency.
What types of DAAD scholarships are available?
The DAAD offers a wide range of scholarships for different levels of study and research, including undergraduate and graduate scholarships, doctoral scholarships, postdoctoral fellowships, and research grants. The program also offers scholarships for language courses, summer schools, and internships.
How can I find available DAAD scholarships?
You can find available DAAD scholarships by visiting the DAAD website and searching their scholarship database. You can also contact the DAAD office in your home country for information on available scholarships and application procedures.
What is the application process for a DAAD scholarship?
The application process for a DAAD scholarship varies depending on the type of scholarship but generally involves submitting an online application form, supporting documents such as academic transcripts and letters of recommendation, and a project proposal or research plan.
What are the selection criteria for DAAD scholarships?
The selection criteria for DAAD scholarships vary depending on the type of scholarship, but in general, the selection is based on academic excellence, the quality of the project proposal or research plan, and the applicant’s potential for future success in their field of study or research.
How much funding does a DAAD scholarship provide?
The amount of funding provided by a DAAD scholarship varies depending on the type of scholarship, but in general, scholarships provide funding for tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. The amount of funding may also depend on the applicant’s financial needs and the cost of living in Germany.
What are the requirements for reporting and documentation after receiving a DAAD scholarship?
Recipients of DAAD scholarships are required to provide regular progress reports on their studies or research and to submit documentation of their academic achievements and expenses. They may also be required to participate in events organized by the DAAD and to share their experiences with other scholarship recipients.
How competitive is the DAAD scholarship program?
The DAAD scholarship program is highly competitive, with a large number of qualified applicants competing for a limited number of scholarships. The competition varies depending on the type of scholarship and the field of study, but applicants are generally advised to submit a strong application and to apply early.
How will a DAAD scholarship benefit my academic and professional goals?
A DAAD scholarship can provide a valuable opportunity to study or conduct research in Germany, which is known for its high-quality education and research institutions. The experience of studying or researching abroad can also help applicants to develop language skills, cultural awareness, and professional connections that can benefit their future career opportunities.
Was that helpful? Let us know your opinion in the box below.
More so, don’t hesitate to with to us if you have questions or comments. Thanks.