Evans Scholarship Application Guideline and Requirements
The Evans Scholarship is a full-tuition and housing college scholarship. This scholarship is given to golf caddies with limited financial means.
Applying for the Evans Scholarship
The Evans Scholarship provides full tuition and housing for high-achieving caddies with limited financial resources. Caddies must have a strong caddie record, excellent academics, demonstrated financial need, and outstanding character to qualify.
Evans scholarship applications are accepted at the start of a high school senior’s senior year, as well as from college freshmen.
Consequently, the entire application, including supporting documents such as evaluations, recommendation letters, transcripts, test scores, a CSS profile, and FAFSA information, is expected to be completed by October 15. When the application is completed, the Scholarship Committee will begin its review.
Furthermore, the Committee will interview finalists and make the final decision. Note, all decisions will be finalized by April 1.
About Evans Scholarship
Golf caddies with limited financial means can apply for the Evans Scholarship. The scholarship covers all living and tuition expenses. Interestingly, this academic year, 1,070 Evans Scholars are enrolled in 21 top universities across the country.
Since 1930, when the first two Evans Scholars enrolled at Northwestern University, more than 11,550 exceptional young men and women have received the Evans Scholarship and graduated from college.
Similarly, Evans Scholars are selected based on their caddie records, superior academic performance, exemplary behavior, and clear evidence of financial need.
So far, the Evans Scholarship has been awarded to 100 Caddie Academy alumni who have completed the three-summer WGA Caddie Academy curriculum.
Evans Scholarship Requirements
- Strong caddie record: Applicants must have caddied for a minimum of two years, regularly and successfully, and are expected to caddie at their sponsoring club the year they apply for the Scholarship.
- Academic excellence: Applicants must have completed their junior year of high school with a B average or higher in college preparatory courses. For 2022 applicants, the ACT and SAT will be optional.
- Proven financial need: Applicants must demonstrate a clear need for financial assistance.
- Exceptional character: Applicants must be exceptional in terms of character, integrity, and leadership.
More so, all first-year and transfer students, including those who are homeschooled, international, first-generation, from rural or small towns, or applying through QuestBridge, are required to submit the following resources.
- Application for Admission and Supplement Essays
- Application Fee or Automatic Fee Waiver
- Secondary School Report and Transcript
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- Test (Optional)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (for international applicants only)
- College Reports and Transcript ( for transfer students only)
- Midyear Report (first-year applicants only)
To be eligible for an Evans Scholarship, a caddy must meet these four important criteria.
- Applicants must have at least two years of excellent caddying experience.
- Candidates must have a strong high school academic record as well as high test scores.
- Candidates must demonstrate a significant financial need.
- Letters of recommendation from club and high school representatives endorsing the applicants’ character are required.
Level/Subject of Study
The Chick Evans Caddie Scholarship is open to the following applicants:
- who are about to enter their senior year of high school, as well as
- incoming college freshmen for their chosen field in the undergraduate program.
The Evans Scholarship is hosted by the Western Golf Association and the Evans Scholars Foundation in the USA.
An applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident to be considered for an Evans Scholarship beneficiary.
There are numerous funding opportunities for international students from various countries.
The Chick Evans Scholarship provides full tuition and housing for high-achieving caddies with limited financial resources.
- August 1: Application available online. Review the information on the website.
- October 1st: CSS Financial Aid Profile becomes available. Please complete the CSS Profile online and submit it to CSS as soon as possible. Ensure to submit it along with the required fee. The CSS code for the Evans Scholars Foundation is 0153.
- On October 1, you can also file your FAFSA online. When the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number becomes available, please submit a copy of your completed FAFSA Federal Student Aid Report.
- October 15: Applications, including all supporting documents, are expected to be completed (completed CSS Profile, FAFSA Federal Student Aid Report, High School Evaluation, Caddie Evaluation, letters of recommendation, high school transcript, and test scores).
- April Ist: All application decisions are finalized.
However, the Evans scholarship application deadline has been set for October 20, 2023.
When an applicant indicates their intent to apply, they are given immediate access to additional information about the campus application process. Please spread this information to your friends and loved ones.
How To Apply For Evans Scholarship
According to the timetable above, the application is now available online. Applicants should, however, check the link below for updates on how to apply:
Caddies must submit their applications, along with all supporting documentation, by October 30.
Regardless, scholarship applications are typically accepted at the start of the candidate’s senior year of high school, as well as freshmen.
Interested applicants should click on the link below for more information on the Scholarship For Caddies 2023:
Was this post helpful?
Drop your comment in the comment box below.