Hey! here is the opportunity you have been waiting for to study abroad through a scholarship program. The FIAS France fellowships Program provides 10-month fellowships in Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier, and Nantes.
It is looking for applications from high-level international scholars and scientists, primarily in the social sciences and humanities.
French Institutes for Advanced Study is an international fellowship program in the six institutes for advanced studies
The RFIEA Foundation is excited to announce a 10-month fellowship program for researchers from all over the world. Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 2023/2024.
FIAS France Fellowships For International Students Brief Description
The French Institutes for Advanced Study is an international fellowship program that takes place at six institutes for advanced studies in Aix-Marseille, Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours), Lyon, Montpellier, Nantes, and Paris.
The FIAS fellowship program aims to support innovative and high-quality research by providing fellows with the freedom to conduct their research while receiving strong scientific and academic support from universities.
The FIAS fellowship program began in 2020 and will continue until the 2024-2025 academic year. Fellowships in the social sciences and humanities are available for experienced researchers in all fields.
This project was funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program through the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant.
For the academic year 2023-2024, the FIAS France Fellowship program offers 36 10-month fellowship positions distributed among the six sites of:
- Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours)
France FIAS Fellowships for International Students 2023/2024 are available to pursue Fellowship level programs at Aix-Marseille University, Le Studium Loire Valley Institute, Collegium de Lyon, Université de Montpellier, Nantes Institute of Advanced Study, and Paris Institute of Advanced Study (Paris IAS).
This FIAS France fellowship for international students program allows you to study the following subjects.
- All Subject
Benefits oF FIAS France Fellowships For International Students
FIAS France fellowships include the following conditions:
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of €2,700 per month
- Two flexible contractual options, considering individual situations: work contracts or paid leave*
- Accommodation/support for relocation
- Enough social security coverage
- An individual research and training budget equivalent to €2,500 per year
- Travel expenses (one round trip from the fellow home country)
- Working conditions are the same as for other IAS fellows, with individual offices, special access, and lending privileges in university-based research libraries, IT services, and multiple collective spaces.
- Opportunities for skill training/development
You May Also Like:
- All Nationalities/Countries
Eligibility Criteria FIAS France Fellowships For International Students
To be considered, FIAS candidates must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Degree & Experience:
Researchers must have a doctoral degree, as well as two years of full-time research experience, at the time of the application deadline. Scholars with a Master’s degree and 6 years of full-time research experience after graduation will be considered (Ph.D. training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
All Social Sciences and Humanities are welcome to apply. Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the IAS websites to learn more about the Institutes’ scientific orientation and potential openings to disciplines other than the humanities and social sciences. Artists who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply.
The Programme is open to researchers from all countries and nationalities. Applicants must adhere to the transnational MSCA mobility rule, which states that incoming researchers must not have resided or carried out their primary activity (work, studies, etc.) in France for more than 12 months in the three years preceding the call deadline.
- Administrative Requirements:
Applicants must submit complete application forms as well as all requested documents via the online application platform. Incomplete and late applications are not accepted. Applications that do not meet the maximum length criteria will be rejected. Applications in languages other than English (or in part) will be rejected.
- Other Requirements:
The FIAS Fellowship Programme is dedicated to promoting equality and diversity within its academic community. It will not discriminate in any way against researchers (gender, age, ethnicity, national or social origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinion, social or economic condition).
How to Apply for FIAS France Fellowships For International Students
- Create your Fias-fp.eu account
- The FIAS application process is done exclusively online.
- In order to start the application process, create an account via the user space accessible at the right-hand corner of your screen.
- Application Content: Once logged in, two new icons appear:
- (i) the link to your account, and
- (ii) the link to the application form. You can now proceed with the application process
Application Required Documents
Applicants are required to submit the following documents (exclusively in English):
- The completed FIAS online application form
- A detailed curriculum vitae comprising a list of publications
- Copy of the Ph.D./Master diploma in a pdf format -if the writing system/script
used in the diploma is not Latin (but, for example, Cyrillic, Chinese, Arabic or some
other), a Latin script university certificate or official translation is requested-
- A detailed research proposal: (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – maximum 1
- A selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- Up to two letters of recommendation, (optional)
- A letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner (only requested
and mandatory for the Paris IAS and for MAK’IT (Montpelier IAS)
Application Deadline: 2nd June, annually – 6:00 PM CET (Paris Time).
Visit here for more information about FIAS France Fellowships for international students.
Was that helpful?
let us know your thought about the FIAS Fellowships Programme in France in the comment section below.