YouTube marketing is the practice of using YouTube to promote a brand, product, or service. It may include (but is not limited to) the following tactics: Producing natural/organic promotional videos, working with influencers, and marketing on the platform.
This new guide will teach you everything you need to know about youtube marketing. Starting from creating a youtube channel to growing it. More so, this guide has everything you need to get started with YouTube Marketing, from video production to SEO.
Important Tips About youtube Marketing:
- YouTube is the world’s second most visited website in the world after Google.
- Every month, 2.8 billion people visit YouTube.
- According to 68 percent of YouTube users, videos help them make a “purchasing decision.”
- Over the last two years, the number of SMBs advertising on YouTube has more than doubled.
The above stats means that more and more companies are including YouTube as part of their digital marketing strategy. However, this is due to YouTube’s explosive growth.
What Is YouTube Marketing?
YouTube marketing is the practice of promoting businesses and products on YouTube’s platform, either by uploading useful videos to a company’s YouTube channel or by using YouTube ads.
Furthermore, YouTube marketing is a strategy that entails making videos and uploading them to YouTube in order to promote a brand or product and gain more exposure. It assists businesses in increasing traffic, expanding their customer base, and reaching new audiences.
Everything You Need To Know About YouTube Marketing
Of course, YouTube can help you get more traffic and customers.
However, it is not untapped.
In fact, YouTube can be a highly competitive environment. That is, you cannot simply start uploading videos and expect to see results. In fact, countless “big brands” have jumped headfirst into YouTube marketing… with only a few thousand views and subscribers to show for it.
To succeed on YouTube, you must have a winning strategy, the ability to create great videos, and the SEO knowledge to optimize those videos around keywords and topics that YouTube users are interested in.
More so, when you post incredible SEO-optimized videos, you may find yourself with a huge fan base… as well as chunk traffic back to your website.
Why is YouTube such a powerful marketing tool?
Because YouTube receives 22.8 billion visits per month, making it the world’s second most visited site after Google, it can now provide numerous benefits to businesses.
YouTube is more than just a popular entertainment channel; it is also a powerful marketing tool, and businesses can create YouTube channels for advertising. YouTube channels can help a brand get more views from new geographic areas, promote a product or company, build a large customer base, and increase sales volume.
YouTube is also a well-known educational platform. Companies can gain more exposure, which expands their customer base. Brands can improve their Google rankings by creating detailed tutorials, live streams, guides, and lessons.
Another reason businesses use the online video sharing platform is to run advertisements, which allows brands to reach a wider audience and gain new customers. Furthermore, it is much less expensive than paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram.
Benefits Of YouTube Marketing
- The platform has the potential to be one of the most effective marketing channels available.
- Businesses can gain more exposure and reach new audiences by optimizing title keywords and creating tutorials, commentary, product reviews, Q&A, and video listicles.
- Brands have no control over when and who views their videos.
- If the title and description of the content include the necessary keywords, all people looking for information may come across a specific video, stay on the channel, and purchase the product advertised.
- Because YouTube is a global company, it enables brands to expand into new markets.
- The platform attracts leads from various countries that speak the same language.
- Adding watermarks and company logos to videos also helps businesses increase brand awareness.
The main advantage of YouTube is that it allows you to effectively promote your business. A company can do this by:
- Creating and posting content on its channel
- by running pre-roll ads on the platform
- capturing the attention of the audience.
You must develop your strategy to reach viewers quickly and gain their loyalty to your YouTube channel, and the steps below will assist you in doing so.
Best YouTube Marketing Strategy
Below are the top strategies to adopt in YouTube marketing. If properly applied can lead to increased audience and sales.
#1. Create a YouTube channel
You can use your regular Google account to create a channel. To create a youtube channel for your brand, click here.
#2. Research your target audience
You should analyze your YouTube demographics before creating videos. To meet users’ needs, investigate your target audience’s location, age, and viewing preferences. You will be able to create useful content based on the wants and needs of your target audience.
If you already have a YouTube business account, look into its analytics. It will provide you with more information about your target audience’s preferences. To learn more about your subscribers’ interests and desires, analyze the comments, ask questions, or create a poll.
#3. Make videos using the YouTube algorithm
YouTube has its own algorithm for ranking. If you want to rank high, you should use keywords, create recognizable thumbnails (snapshots of your videos), and optimize your titles and descriptions. It will give you a competitive advantage over other channels and videos, as well as more views. Include relevant keywords when writing a strong title.
Open YouTube Analytics and search for these words and phrases to include in your titles. Make sure to start with the keywords. Aside from that, create a title of 60 or fewer characters. More so, to write a summary of your video, use the most important keywords from your description.
#4. Perform a competitive analysis.
YouTube is a big platform with a lot of business accounts all over the world, and the competition is fierce. You can determine the opportunities for your channel by analyzing your business rivals.
To begin, identify your top 3-5 competitors. You can accomplish this, by using keyword tools to determine which brands have the highest ranking based on keywords related to your industry. To find useful information and inspiration, pay attention to their metrics, titles, descriptions, and comments under videos.
Furthermore, use SWOT analysis to determine your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
Other Marketing Strategies Includes-How Do You Do Marketing on YouTube?
There is a lot that goes into YouTube marketing for your business. The following are the most important steps in general:
- Start adding content to your channel,
- Provide all relevant information on your channel,
- Promote your Videos: Promote new videos both on and off YouTube.
- Think about influencer marketing.
- Assess your success.
- Optimize your videos for popular keywords.
- Upload high-quality videos that are optimized for Watch Time
Is YouTube Effective for Marketing?
In a nutshell, YES. That isn’t to say that YouTube should be your primary focus.
However, according to WyzOwl, video has increased traffic to 84 percent of small businesses. And YouTube is by far the most popular platform for distributing your video content. So, if you want to diversify your traffic sources or simply get your brand in front of your target audience, video marketing is the way to go.
YouTube Marketing Cost-How Much Does YouTube Advertising Cost?
The short answer is that it depends. The price of a YouTube ad is determined by the audience you’re targeting and the keywords you bid on.
According to an AdStage industry study, the average CPC on YouTube is around $3 per click.
When Should You Upload Videos to YouTube?
According to Entrepreneur.com, the best time to upload new content to YouTube is determined by the day of the week. The best times for each day are as follows:
Monday: 2 p.m.–4 p.m.
Tuesday, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Wednesday, 2 p.m.–4 p.m.
Thursday, 12-3 p.m.
Friday, 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
Sunday, 9 am-11 am.
How To You Do YouTube SEO
YouTube is the internet’s second most popular search engine (after Google of course). The following are the most important things you should do to optimize the videos you upload:
- Discover the keywords that people use when searching on YouTube (ie, keyword research)
- Put your keyword in the title.
- Create a description for your video content.
- Include keywords in the description of your video.
- Add precise tags that include keywords.
- Get feedback and likes on your video.
How Can I Increase The Number Of My Subscriber on youtube?
Here are five strategies for increasing your channel’s subscriber base:
- At the end of each video, invite viewers to subscribe.
- Make a professional YouTube channel page.
- Playlists can be used to encourage viewers to watch more of your video content.
- Send followers from social media to your YouTube channel.
- Make a channel trailer.
Is this helpful? Let us know your answer in the comment box below. However, for more questions, inquiries, or comments about YouTube marketing: everything you need To know, see us in the comment section below. Meanwhile, don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones on social media platforms.