French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters – Fully Funded
Université Paris-Saclay seeks to increase international students’ access to French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters. These scholarships are offered by its faculties, component institutions, and affiliated universities, as well as to make it easier for highly qualified international students to join the University, particularly those seeking to develop an academic project through research up to the doctoral level.
Scholarships will be given out for the academic year 2023-2024. These scholarships, established with IDEX funding from the 3rd Programme Investissements d’Avenir, are aimed at students admitted to a Master’s program delivered by Université Paris-Saclay and provided by one of the following institutions:
- Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay (ENS Paris-Saclay),
- Institut d’Optique Graduate School (IOGS) (UVSQ).
These scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in a Master’s program at Université Paris-Saclay for one or two years, depending on their admission level (M1 or M2), and are subject to completion of the required number of credits to continue their studies in the following year.
French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters Application timeline
- Deadline for application in master (recommended) to be selected: 28 April 2023
- Once selected, the deadline for receipt scholarship application: is 14 May 2023
- Once selected, the deadline for receipt of both recommendations and closing of the call: is 18 May 2023
- Announcement of results: end of June 2023
The following set of applicants are eligible for the université Paris-Saclay international master’s scholarships:
- Students accepted into a Master’s program at Paris-Saclay University delivered by one of the following institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UEVE, UPSaclay, UVSQ. Only those students who meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students aged 30 and under during the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality who have been or are currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification and have lived in France for less than a year.
- Applicants of foreign nationality studying language in France for less than a year (type FFL).
- Students who have previously lived in France as part of a mobility program during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange programs…) that did not result in certification.
Below are ineligible Candidates;
- Except for international students enrolled in French higher education institutions abroad, all students who have been or are enrolled in a French higher education institution during their studies.
- Students who have been out of school for more than three years.
- Students who receive any other type of funding in excess of 650€ per month.
Paris-Saclay University is implementing a bonus system for refugee students or students with subsidiary protection within the framework of the IDEX scholarship scale in collaboration with UNHCR (the UN Refugee Agency) and with the support of the MEnS association (Migrants dans l’Enseignement supérieur / Migrants in Higher Education).
If you are concerned about this status, please include it in your statement of purpose as soon as you submit your application for the master’s degree.
Other Recommended Scholarships:
Fully Funded British Government Scholarships for International students 2023
Université Côte D’Azur Idex Scholarships For Masters Programs 2023
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program USA Application
University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters Pre-Selection Process
Admission to a Master’s program does not guarantee students a scholarship.
Please see the Eligibility criteria for more information.
Students eligible for a Paris-Saclay University IDEX scholarship will be chosen from among those admitted to a Paris-Saclay University Master’s program by the admission panel.
Only students who have received an email from Paris-Saclay University inviting them to apply for a Paris-Saclay University IDEX scholarship will be able to do so.
There will be no uninvited applications accepted.
Programs / Fields of Study: University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters
– All academic fields are included.
– Except for vocational training, all Master’s programs accredited by Université Paris-Saclay are also included.
Reminder: Students should be aware that admission to a Master’s program does not automatically entitle them to a scholarship.
The selection of laureates is the responsibility of a jury comprised of experts from Paris-Saclay University’s faculties, component institutions, and associated universities.
The following factors are considered in the evaluation criteria:
- Academic standing,
- Personal endeavor,
- Specifically for M2 students: written motivation to pursue a thesis in a Université Paris-Saclay laboratory.
French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters Value/Amount
- The Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is worth 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year, which is 10 months (September to June).
- Depending on the candidate’s country of origin, a maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses may also be awarded.
- Laureates will receive their scholarship and travel expenses only after arriving in France and enrolling in the program to which they were admitted.
How o Apply For French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters
- Selected students will receive an email with a link to an online application form.
Students who wish to apply must complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who are willing to submit a reference for the candidate (director of studies, professor, internship coordinator, etc.).
- Each of the candidate’s two references will receive an email with a link to an online recommendation form. They will be required to complete and submit the form before the scholarship application deadline.
When each reference submits the form, the candidate is automatically notified.
- When both recommendation forms are submitted by the two references, the application file for a scholarship is considered complete. Please keep in mind that the candidate will not receive a message confirming that the application has been submitted. It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that both references complete and submit the form by the deadline specified in the invitation email.
Note: Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will be rejected automatically.
Official Scholarship Website
For more information about the French University Paris-Saclay Scholarships for Masters visit the scholarship website here.
Was that helpful?
Let us know your opinion, comments, or questions in the comment box below.