Study in Hungary with fully funded Hungarian scholarships for international Students for bachelor’s, Masters, and Ph.D. 2023-24. Every year, thousands of students from all over the world apply for higher education in Hungary.
The Hungarian Scholarships for International Students is a fully-funded scholarship for international students to study at 31 Hungarian higher education institutions in a wide range of bachelor’s, master’s, one-tier master’s, non-degree, and doctoral programs.
Brief Description of Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
The Hungary Government Scholarships 2023-2024 are now open for applications. The Hungarian Government established the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program in 2013. The program’s primary goal is to increase the number of international students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top international students.
The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants, as well as the number of available scholarship places, is steadily increasing. More than 4500 scholarships were awarded in the 2019/2020 round of applications, and we currently have over 7000 students studying here through the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship.
More than 5000 students will begin their studies in Hungary as part of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme in the academic year 2023/2024.
The program is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the education ministries of the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between higher education institutions. Currently, nearly 70 Sending Partners are involved in the program across five continents.
Read Also: Canada Visa Waiver Program – How To Travel To Canada Without Visa
Hungarian Government Scholarship 2023-2024 Details
- Visit here to find the eligible host institutions and details of their study programs
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- Master’s Degree Program
- One-tier master programs
- Doctoral programs
- Non-degree programs
- Preparatory course in the Hungarian language
- Specialization courses
Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships Duration:
- Bachelor’s Scholarships: 2-4 Years
- Master’s Scholarships: 1.5-2 Years
- Doctoral Scholarships: 4 Years
- One-tier master: 5-6 Years
- Non-degree Programs: 1 Year
Fields/Courses of Study
Lists of eligible study programs based on educational cooperation agreements in place between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner:
- Tuition-free education: Exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Payment of monthly stipend:
- Contribution to living expenses in Hungary of HUF 43,700 (approximately EUR 130) per month for 12 months, until completion of studies
- Doctoral level: according to current Hungarian legislation, the monthly scholarship amount is HUF 140 000 (approximately EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (approximately EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for a period of 12 months, until completion of studies. Please see Section 1.2.1 for more information.
- Contribution to Accommodation:
- Free dormitory space or a monthly contribution of HUF 40 000 to housing costs for the duration of the scholarship.
- Please keep in mind that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to the rental costs, and in larger cities, particularly the capital city, this contribution may not cover the entire rental cost.
- Medical/Health Insurance: Health care services in accordance with Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (approximately EUR 205) per person per year.
Also Apply: Canadian University Scholarships For International Students – Apply Now
Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships Partners Eligible to Send Students
The Hungary Government Scholarship is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between Hungary’s Ministry of Human Capacities and the Ministry responsible for higher education in the partner country. Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the Sending Partner’s responsible authorities.
However, the following sending partners are eligible:
Full-Time Programs: Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
For full-time programs, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine, Bosnia, and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Thailand, Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Lebanon, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru), Palestine, Algeria, Bangladesh, China (including the Hudec scholarships), Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cape Verde, Colombia, Cuba, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Moldova, Paraguay, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Philippines, Myanmar, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Russian, Vietnam, Eritrea, Israel, Kuwait, Syrian, Jordan, Tunisian, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Mexico, Tanzania.
Partial (Exchange) Study Programs: Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
For partial (exchange) study programs, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Brazil, Japan, Cambodia, Lebanon, Mongolia, China (only Hudec applicants), Albania, Belarus, India, Korea, Turkey, Vietnam*, Russian, Syrian, and Mexico.
Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships Required Documents:
- Hungary Scholarship Online Application Form
- Motivation Letter: Minimum 1 page, typed with Times New Roman 12-point font size
- Proof of language proficiency and translations in the language of the chosen study program or in Hungarian
- A scanned copy of the original proof of language proficiency, with a minimum level determined by the Host Institution, as well as their translations
- If the student has completed his or her previous level of studies in the language of the selected study program, proof that the language of education was the same as the language of the study program that the applicant is now applying for can be uploaded. Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study program or in Hungarian
- Bachelor-level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent and their translations
- Master-level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and their translations
- One-tier master level full-time programs: scanned copy of the original secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent AND their translations
- Doctoral level: scanned copy of the original master’s degree certificate or equivalent and their translations
- Non-Degree, Hungarian language preparatory programs: scanned copy of the secondary school graduation certificate and their translations
- Non-degree, specialization programs: scanned copy of degree certificate required by the host institution and their translations. Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
- Partial (exchange) study programs on all study levels: scanned copy of the original certificate about student status issued by the current higher education institution where the applicants are registered and their translations
- Translations only have to be attached if the copy of the original document is not in the language of the selected study program or in English
Transcript of Records and translations into the language of the chosen study program or into Hungarian
- Original transcripts of all academic semesters or school years completed during previous studies (at the highest level of education in which the student has participated) and their translations
- Translations are only required if the original document is not in the language of the chosen study program or in Hungarian. Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships!
- A scanned copy of a medical certificate of good health issued no earlier than November 15, 2018.
- Certificates must be issued and signed by a physician to demonstrate that the applicant does not have AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, or C, or any other epidemic conditions. Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
- Please keep in mind that, while applicants must upload this document, the Host Institutions may require the student to take a medical exam at the time of enrollment (free of charge for the Scholarship Holders)
Copy of Identification Document
- If the applicant already has a passport, the passport scan should be uploaded.
- If the applicants do not yet have a passport, they should upload a scanned copy of any document that could be used to prove their identity (e.g. national ID card)
Acceptance of Statement for Application in the online system
- All applicants must agree to the “Statement of Application.”
- Because the statement can only be accepted online, scanned and signed copies should not be uploaded.
- After registering, the statement appears in the online application system; all applicants must accept it in order to submit their application.
All documents that cannot be obtained or produced in the language of the chosen study program or in Hungarian must be translated and submitted along with a copy of the original document.
Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships Additional Documents for Ph.D. Level
- Research Plan
- Minimum 2 pages, typed with Times New Roman 12-point font size, written in the language of the selected study program
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two signed Letters of Recommendation from the applicant’s former or current academic tutors or supervisors
- Written in the language of the selected study program or in Hungarian
- The two letters cannot be issued by the same person
How to Apply for Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
What are the steps to apply for Stipendium Hangaricum Scholarship 2023?
Click here to see how to apply and also read more about the scholarships.
Application Deadline: Fully Funded Hungarian Scholarships
- The Hungary Government Scholarship application deadline varies by country. For more information on the Hungary scholarship application form and deadline, please contact the sending partner in your country.
Was that post on fully funded Hungarian scholarships for international Students helpful?
Let’s hear your opinion, comments, and questions in the comment section below. However, Don’t forget to share with your friends on social media handles.