Learn how to change your Apple ID password for free! Hey, today, tontimes.com will be walking you through how to change your apple id password in a very few easy steps. Just come along with us. Although it isn’t compulsory to have an Apple ID before you use an iPhone. But without it, you won’t be able to take full advantage of your apple devices.
To access some of your apple phone’s most useful features, you’ll need an Apple ID. Your Apple ID allows you to, among other things, download free apps from the App Store and Facetime your niece in Cincinnati.
You are prompted to enter your Apple ID when you first set up your iPhone (or any other Apple device). If you don’t already have one, you can create one at any time.
Only one Apple ID should be used (though there are some people who have more than one ). Your Apple ID is similar to an email address. It could be an Apple email address, such as @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com. Alternatively, your Apple ID can be an email address such as email@example.com or any other third-party email address.
If you no longer use the email account that also serves as your Apple ID, you should change your Apple ID. Otherwise, you risk missing account verification requests or other important Apple information.
You can also change your Apple ID on any of your Apple devices or on your computer. Here’s how to change your Apple ID on your iPhone and other Apple devices.
Important Things To Know about passwords and your Apple ID
The followings are things to learn and know about your Apple ID.
Note that your Apple ID is the account you use to log in to Apple services such as the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and others.
Keep the following in mind when creating a new password:
- Your new Apple ID password must be at least eight characters long
- It must include a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter.
- You can also add extra characters and punctuation marks to your password to make it even more secure.
- You cannot use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password that you have used in the last year.
- For more on your Apple security and Apple ID click HERE
- Note that FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.
Important Steps to Take Before Changing Your Apple ID
Note the followings before changing your Apple ID on your iPhone:
- You must log out of all websites where you have previously logged in with that Apple ID. This includes, among other things, your iPad, iPod, Apple TV, and Apple HomePod. Keep your iPhone signed in.
- After you’ve changed your Apple ID, you’ll need to log in with your new ID on all of your devices.
- If your Apple ID is an Apple email address (@icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com), you must change it online at appleid.apple.com.
- You can only change to other emails in your account that are aliases of your Apple ID email address.
See How to change your Apple ID On Your iPhone
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to change your Apple ID via the settings on your iPhone.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Tap your name, which should be near the top of the screen (this should say Apple ID under your name).
- Select a name, phone number, and email address.
- Wherever it says “Reachable,” Click the blue Edit button at the top of the page.
- Your Apple ID is marked with a red minus sign. Tap the red minus (-) sign.
- Then, a screen will pop up. Here you can choose Cancel or Continue. In this case, select Continue
- You’ll be prompted to enter your email address. Note, this email address will be used to create your new Apple ID.
- Check your new email address for a confirmation email.
- To complete the change in your Apple ID, you must verify the email address.
According to Apple, if you change your Apple ID to an Apple email address (@icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com), you won’t be able to change it back to a third-party email address in the future. The third-party email address you previously used will now appear as an additional email address on your Apple ID account.
You can also add or remove phone numbers or email addresses from your account while editing your Apple ID.
How To Change Your Apple ID password On, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch
Here are the steps to follow in other to change your Apple id password on your Apple devices.
- Tap on Settings
- Then, tap your name. This appears near the top of your screen
- Tap Password & Security.
- Enter your current password or device passcode, followed by a new password, and then confirm the new password
- Click Change or Change Password
- Then, Sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services.
To Change your Apple ID Password On the web
Follow these steps below:
- First, Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
- Click Password in the Sign-In and Security section.
- Type in your current password, then enter a new password
- Then, click confirm, to confirm the new password.
- Tap Change Password
- To access Apple features and services, sign in with your new Apple ID password.
To Change your Apple ID Password On your Mac
Here is how to change your apple id on your Mac.
- Go to the Apple menu
- Select System Preferences,
- Then click Apple ID
- Tap Password & Security
- Click the Change Password button.
- Note that before you can reset your Apple ID password, you must first enter the password that was used to unlock your Mac.
Was that helpful? Let us know your comments, questions, or contributions about how to change your apple id password in the comment box below. Thanks, but don’t forget to share with your friends and loved ones.