How To Download Movies From Netflix Easily-The Step-by-Step Approach
Whether you’re boarding an airplane, taking the train, or planning a cross-country bus trip. There’s a chance your mode of transportation won’t have Wi-Fi. Even if networking is available, the cost of connecting may be prohibitively expensive for some. However, there is still a way out of this. Let’s take a look at how to download movies from Netflix.
While you can do your best with the mobile data you have, there will inevitably be dead zones on your journey where there is no cell signal. If you’re a Netflix subscriber and planned to watch a Netflix movie during your commute, it may appear that you’re out of luck. Fortunately, there is a bright side.
Thanks to Netflix’s offline-viewing feature, you can watch a variety of movies and shows while on the go. If you have one of Netflix’s streaming plans. Downloading content to watch later is a simple process that eliminates the stress of not knowing when you’ll be able to connect to Wi-Fi again.
If you want to watch TV shows and movies at any time, you can download them from the Netflix app. Here’s how to download Netflix movies and tv shows without stress.
To download from Netflix, you must have the most recent version of the Netflix app on one of the following devices:
- iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch running iOS 9.0
- Tablet or Android phone running Android 4.4.2
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or newer) or Windows 11 tablet or computer
- Amazon Fire tablet running Fire OS 4.0
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models.
How To Download Movies From Netflix
The instructions below should be applicable to iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle Fire, Fire tablet, Chromebook and Chromebox, and Windows 10 devices and computers. It should be noted that while Windows PC users can download episodes to watch offline, they must do so using the Netflix app from the Windows Store.
Below is how to download Netflix movies and tv shows without stress.
- Go to the Netflix app and tap Downloads.
- On a device running Windows 10 or Windows 11, open the Netflix app, then select Menu.
- Choose/select See What You Can Download, Find Something to Download, Find More to Download, or Available for Download. This depends on your device.
- Then, select a TV show or movie.
- From the description page, tap Download.
- For TV shows, Download will appear next to each available episode. However, Android users will also see a Download Season option to download all episodes in the selected season.
- To save on data usage, then download over Wi-Fi.
- Now, To make sure you have access to your downloads always, we recommend remaining signed in to the Netflix app.
- Sign in to the Netflix app and select Downloads.
- Open the Netflix app on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 device and go to Menu, then My Downloads.
- Find the title you want to watch and select Play.
- Select a TV show, then tap Play next to the episode you want to watch.
- Sign in to the Netflix app and select Downloads.
TV shows and movies that have been downloaded are available on the device that was used to download them and can be viewed from any profile in your account.
However, downloads will expire after a certain period of time, and some will have a limit on the number of times they can be downloaded per year. When you’re finished watching, delete any downloads from your device.
Other Steps On How to download movies and TV shows on Netflix
How To Download Movies From Netflix-Step 1: Stay up to date:
First and foremost, ensure that your Netflix app is up to date. If your device is not set to auto-update, open the App Store application for iOS devices (version 9.0 or later is required), or the Google Play Store for Android devices.
Follow these instructions to update the Netflix app on your Amazon Kindle Fire or Fire device, and for Chrome and Chromebox devices, you can watch using the browser or the Netflix app from the Google Play Store — just make sure it’s also up to date.
If you want to use Netflix on Windows 10, go to the taskbar or Start menu, click your user icon, and then click Downloads or Updates. Finally, select Check for Updates, and the Netflix app will begin to update.
Step 2: Select the download quality:
Netflix provides two download quality levels: Standard and Higher. The latter appears to be in high definition — “up to 1080p depending on the TV show or movie,” according to Netflix. Standard takes up less space on your device and allows you to download content faster, whereas Higher requires a little more room and patience.
Step 3: Select your show or movie:
Not everything on Netflix is available for download, but the company has made it easy to find downloadable titles by categorizing them in a special section aptly titled “Available for Download.” This category is available as a sub-menu when you select TV Shows or Movies from the main menu. It will be the penultimate option beneath the Home section on Windows 10 devices.
Step 4: Begin downloading:
To get started, click the Download icon next to the show or movie you want to watch. For Android users, here’s a quick pro-tip: You can specify which storage location for downloads in the Netflix app. Earlier, Netflix would choose the storage device that was installed with the app. However, an update has improved capabilities.
You can now insert a microSD card into your smartphone and set it as your default download location in the App Settings menu.
How To Download Movies From Netflix-Step 5: Watch the movies you’ve downloaded.
All Netflix content will appear in the Downloads section once it has been downloaded. On mobile devices, select the Downloads menu; on Windows, select the Menu button in the upper-left corner of the application. The size and rating of the title are listed directly next to it. Simply click or tap the video thumbnail to watch an episode.
Automatic downloads – how to enable them
It is an excellent feature to select titles for downloading manually, but wouldn’t it be nice if Netflix allowed you to download movies automatically? That’s exactly what Netflix does.
Netflix recently introduced a new feature called Downloads For You. This feature uses your Netflix viewing history to curate and download movies and TV shows that match your preferences. Now, the feature is also available for iOS.
If you want to activate it, follow these steps. Remember that this feature only works with Wi-Fi connections and not with cellular wireless connections.
- Tap the Downloads icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- On top of the screen, you should see a Smart Downloads option. Tap on it.
- You should see a Download for You toggle. Tap it to activate it.
- You can also specify how much storage space your device requires, as well as individual storage for each Netflix profile on your account. You should also see a bar indicating how much space is being used for the feature.
- Last but not least, the Downloads for You feature allows you to select 1GB, 3GB, or 5GB storage limits. To add or reduce space, tap on the “+” or “-” buttons. At the moment, only Android users can use this.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
However, if you need more on how to download movies from Netflix write to us through the comment box below. Meanwhile, share this with your friends and loved ones.