Learn How to Hide Your Friends List on Facebook here: By default, everyone can see your Facebook profile information, posts, and even your friends. It’s often beneficial to make your friends list public so that people can find and connect with you. However, for some personal reasons, you may like to hide your friends list on your Facebook profile. Tontimes is here to show you the easiest way how to hide your friends list on your Facebook profile.
Social media encourages people to share their lives online, but some sharing is dangerous. One scam is to look through a person’s Facebook friends list, message them pretending to be you, and ask them to send money. This is why certain aspects of your Facebook profile must be restricted. Here’s How to Hide Your Friends List on Facebook.
If you prefer, you can use Facebook’s privacy settings to limit who can see your entire friend list. You may not want everyone to see it, especially if you want to conceal the identity of some friends. Perhaps you simply value your privacy and don’t want everyone to know who you’re connected to online.
How to hide your friends list on your Facebook profile
To hide your Facebook friends list, log into your account and then go to privacy settings. Scroll down until you see who can see your friends list. and click the Edit button. Select your privacy settings from any of the available options other than Public.
- Your friends list is public by default, so anyone with a Facebook account can see who you’re connected to.
- You can configure Facebook’s privacy settings so that only your friends, or no one at all, can see your friend list.
- You can also hide your friends list from certain people while keeping it visible to the rest of your friends.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List via a web browser(Desktop)
To hide your Facebook friends using a desktop computer, start by signing in to your account. Then go to the Privacy settings.
Follow these simple and easy steps below:
- Open your Facebook in a web browser.
- Then, click the downward-pointing arrow at the top right of the webpage, Or click your profile picture at the top left corner depending on the version of Facebook you are using.
- In the dropdown menu, click on “Settings & privacy,
- Then click on “Settings.”
- In the that opens, on the left side of the screen, click “Privacy.“
- In the next section “How people can find and contact you,”
- Click “Edit” beside “Who can see your friends list?”
- Now, click the downward-facing arrow to reveal the options. Choose an option from the dropdown menu: “Public,” “Friends,” “Friends except…,” “Specific friends,” “Only me,” or “Custom.”
You can enter specific names by clicking “Custom.” For example, you can share your friends list with everyone except Jerry Tom. After you’ve added a person, click “Save Changes.” Choose who you want to remove from your friends list and then click “Save Changes.”
Obviously “public” isn’t an option if you want to hide the list. The easiest option would be Just me. However, if you are very picky about who you make your Facebook friend, you may be able to choose friends or specific friends. Make your selection, then click the Close link to close the section. The list changes automatically and is saved in the background.
Note, however, that this setting is not foolproof. For example, if you share something and tag a friend, it will appear on your timeline along with their name. This allows anyone to connect you and anyone else by searching for you on Facebook and browsing other people’s timelines.
How to hide your Facebook friends list (mobile Devices)
On the mobile app, you can also hide and lock down your friends list. Begin by tapping the menu icon at the bottom of the screen (the three horizontal lines).
Then navigate to Privacy Shortcuts->Privacy-> see more privacy settings. Scroll down until you see Who has access to your friend list? Select the level of privacy you want for your friends list.
See the steps below:
- Tap on the Facebook app on your device.
- Hit the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner of the (this is the hamburger menu) for Android. For an iPhone, it is in the lower right of the screen.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click “Settings.”
- then, scroll down to the “Privacy” section and tap “Privacy Settings.”
- Move down to the section called “How People Find and Contact You” under Audience and Visibility, and
- Tap “Who can see your friends list?”
- Now, click the downward-facing arrow to reveal the options. Choose an option from the dropdown menu: “Public,” “Friends,” “Friends except…,” “Specific friends,” “Only me,” or “Custom.” You can prevent specific people from seeing your friends list by selecting “Friends except….”. Now, you have changed who can see your friends list on Facebook.
Were the simple steps on How to Hide Your Friends List on Facebook helpful? Have your say in the comment box below.
However, don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or challenges on how to hide your friends list on your Facebook profile. Don’t forget to share this post on social media platforms.