How to Turn On Facebook Professional Mode: Step-by-Step Approach
Learn how to turn on Facebook Professional Mode here: Meta (Facebook) has added a new feature called professional mode. Professional mode grants you access to a collection of professional tools, insights, and product monetization. That can assist you in developing your professional presence from your personal profile. These tools and features were previously only available on Pages.
Note! Professional mode is currently not available to EU and UK users under the age of 18.
Here’s how to enable Facebook Professional Mode on your Facebook profile.
The social media platform announced the feature in December 2021, when it was rolled out to a small number of profiles in the United States.
Following user feedback, the feature has now been expanded to include more people, and users are curious as to how they can switch to professional mode on Facebook.
So, what exactly is the feature, and how do you add it to your profile?
What is Professional Mode on Facebook All About?
Professional mode is a new Facebook feature that allows users to do the following:
- monetize their personal accounts.
- Your posts will become public once you change your profile mode, and anyone can follow you on your profile.
- You can, however, still control who sees your content, which means you can share public posts or create posts that are only visible to your friends.
- Insights into posts, audiences, and profiles are also available. That is; you can monitor how your post is doing on Facebook.
Benefits of Professional Mode on Facebook
You can enable professional mode for your profile. However, this is what you can expect after turning on Facebook professional mode:
- Followers: If it isn’t already, your Who can follow me setting will be changed to Public. This allows anyone on Facebook to follow you and see your public content in their News Feed. There is no limit to how many followers you can have. You can still send private updates to friends.
- Profile Category: Your Intro section, which now includes a profile category, helps people learn more about your profile. When you enable professional mode, all profiles are automatically assigned to the category Digital creator.
- To change your profile category, follow these steps: Select Contact and basic info and edit your Category in your About section.
- Insights: Learn about your audience and how they interact with your content using aggregated Insights.
Professional dashboard: Manage the insights and professional tools on your profile.
- Monetize: If you are eligible, you can use your Facebook profile to earn money, such as with Reels.
- Privacy: Your content’s privacy settings will remain unchanged.
- Reach a larger audience and increase revenue potential
How to Turn on Professional Mode on Facebook
Here’s how to activate professional mode:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- On the right side, below your profile header, click/tap the menu button (…).
- Tap or click turn to professional mode.
- Click or tap Turn on to confirm, and then complete the flow.
However, if at any point you feel like you don’t want to use Facebook professional mode anymore. You don’t have to worry as you can still turn it off. That takes us to how to turn the Facebook professional mode off.
Read Also: How To Monetize YouTube Channel – YouTube Monetization Requirements
How to Turn off Professional Mode
You can disable professional mode on your profile if you don’t want to use it. If you disable professional mode:
- Your current friends, followers, and profile content will not be affected.
- Your Who can follow me setting is still set to Public, but you can change it in Settings.
- More so, Your privacy settings will remain unchanged.
- You can enable professional mode at any time.
When you disable professional mode, the following changes will occur:
- Your existing content or audience insights will no longer be available.
- You will no longer have access to enhanced safety features like Moderation Assist.
- You will no longer be eligible for Facebook discovery opportunities.
- If you are monetizable, you will receive any pending payouts or bonuses, but any future bonuses or payouts will be paused.
You may also like: Earn Money on YouTube Channel – See How To Make Money on YouTube
To turn off professional mode, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your Facebook profile.
- Click/tap the menu button to the right of your profile header (…).
- Tap or click Turn off professional mode and complete the procedure.
While you can monetize your account, Meta explains that there are certain requirements that must be met before users can begin earning money.
The program is invitation-only, and those who want to monetize their accounts can sign up and visit the Meta for Creator’s blog to learn the best reel-creation techniques.
“We’ll expand to more people in the US soon, more countries in the coming months, and add more tools and capabilities over time, including access to more monetization options and other platform tools,” Meta said in a December 2021 announcement.
How to Make Money With Facebook’s Professional Mode
Are you constantly looking for new ways to monetize your goods or services?
So, let us show you how to monetize your Facebook profiles by using the professional mode.
Facebook has long been a great platform for developing a professional profile and establishing a personal brand, and the professional mode makes it even easier.
You can attract new customers and clients from its monthly-growing 2.9 billion active users by creating a professional profile, while also staying connected with your current community.
With Facebook’s new professional mode, reels are a great way to earn money while sharing content that is relevant to your audience.
This makes it simple for people who want to hire or purchase you.
You’ll also have access to features that only creators and business owners have. So, how do you get started monetizing your Facebook profile using the professional mode?
Come along let’s find out.
Profile Monetization on Facebook’s Professional Mode
Admit it, we’ve all been there. Imagine you’re crushing it with killer content and amassing likes, but you’re not sure what your audience is really digging.
Sure, you could make a wild guess based on which types of posts receive the most engagement, but why leave things to chance?
With Facebook’s new professional mode for profiles, eligible creators in the United States will be able to unlock revenue opportunities as well as gain access to powerful insights and tools.
It will help them better understand their community and create more engaging content with reels.
This is a huge deal for those looking to monetize their profile because it allows you to be paid for the content you create while also strengthening your connection with your audience.
How to Make Money From Facebook Professional Mode on Your Profiles
Now that we’ve discussed what Facebook’s new professional mode is, let’s get into the specifics of how you can use it to make money.
The Reels Play bonus program was one of the first to include a professional mode for profiles in its monetization options.
It provides eligible creators with the opportunity to earn up to USD 35,000 per month based on the views of their qualifying reels. To begin, the program is by invitation only.
If you’re an eligible creator, you could earn a lot of money just by posting videos on Reels.
You’ll gain access to a slew of features that will help you better understand your audience, create more engaging content, and, most importantly, monetize your profile once you’re in.
Here’s a quick overview of what to expect:
#1. Facebook Live Monetization
In-stream ads can help you monetize your Facebook Live videos without overwhelming your viewers.
You’ll have complete control over where and how ads appear in your content, allowing you to maximize your existing fan base and revenue potential.
Furthermore, ads will not interfere with your viewers’ experience. That’s a win-win situation! In fact, a comedian increased her earnings by 65% by utilizing Facebook Live’s in-stream ads.
#2. Facebook Stars
Fans can now support their favorite creators in a new way. Fans can buy Facebook Stars and send them to creators during live broadcasts or, if enabled, in Reels.
Once you’ve accumulated enough Facebook Stars, you can cash them out.
How to Increase Your Earnings Potential
There are a few things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most out of Facebook’s professional mode. Here are some pointers:
1. Create a Profile Header that is Clear and Concise.
Your header is the first thing people will see when they visit your professional profile, and you want them to know exactly what you do and what you offer.
A call-to-action in your header, such as “Buy my products,” “Hire me for your next project,” or “Visit my website,” is a great way to accomplish this.
This will immediately inform visitors about what they can expect from your profile.
2. Include your contact information as well as your rates.
Your contact information and rates are also important to include in your professional profile.
People who want to work with you will know how to contact you and will have an idea of how much you charge for your services. Including this information upfront can save you a lot of time later on.
3. Maintain an Up-to-Date Profile
Finally, it is critical to keep your professional profile current.
Add new products or services as they become available, and keep your contact information and rates up to date.
By updating your profile on a regular basis, you can ensure that interested parties always have the most up-to-date information about what you have to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a professional mode on Facebook?
When you enable professional mode on your profile, anyone can follow you and see your public content in their feed, but you retain control over who sees what content you share.
That means you can share public updates as well as content with only your friends.
How do I activate professional mode on my profile?
When you log in to the app or desktop site, you may see a pop-up notification inviting you to enable professional mode.
You can also enable professional mode in the three dots menu on your profile. You can then add the relevant information to your profile.
Does everyone have a professional mode on Facebook?
No, the professional mode is currently only available to a small number of Facebook users. According to Facebook’s announcement, it will “expand to more people in the United States soon, more countries in the coming months, and add more tools and capabilities over time, including access to more monetization options and other platform tools.”
Was that helpful?
Let us know your opinion in the comment box below about Facebook’s professional mode. More so, if you think this post will be helpful to your friends and loved ones, then share it on social media. Turn On Facebook Professional Mode.