Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program For International Students 2023-2024
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program for foreign students is a Fulbright program. This fellowship brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals from developing countries to the United States for ten months of non-degree graduate study and related practical professional experiences.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship is a program funded by the United States government through the Department of State’s Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Institute of International Education (IIE).
This program provides mid-career professionals from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean, the Middle East, Europe, and Eurasia with the opportunity to advance their careers by participating in specialized 10-month programs.
IET India Scholarship Award 2023-Apply Now!
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship program’s goal is to provide selected applicants with a comprehensive experience that broadens their perspectives, strengthens their ability to take on greater professional responsibilities, and allows them to make useful professional contacts.
A Brief description
The Humphrey Fellowship program is intended for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding on issues of common interest in the United States and the Fellows’ home countries.
Below is a summary of the fellowship program:
- Application Deadline: Depending on your country (see below).
- Scholarship Level: Traineeship (10 months).
- The number of Fellowship Awards: 200.
- Funding: Fully funded.
- The Scholarship is Open To Specific countries (see below).
- Host Country: United States of America.
Apply Now! USA Soccer Scholarships(fully-funded) 2022/23
Benefits of the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program will provide the following financial benefits to selected candidates:
- A monthly stipend (varies depending on the destination city).
- A stipend for books and supplies.
- Tuition fees are waived.
- Fees for required standardized tests for admission to a host university.
- International round-trip travel to the host institution is covered.
- Domestic trips to Washington, DC for a special seminar are supported.
- The government of the United States provides medical insurance.
- Additional funding is available for professional activities such as field trips and conference attendance.
Fellows will be placed at one of the participating US universities. Scientists cannot choose which university they attend. Rather, they are assigned to the most suitable host institution in different groups of 7 to 15 people depending on their area of interest and professional field.
The institutions include:
- American University, Washington College of LawArizona State University
- Boston University
- Cornell University
- Emory University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Michigan State University
- Pennsylvania State UniversitySyracuse University
- University of California, Davis
- The University of Minnesota, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Commonwealth University
Field of Study/Level
As a non-degree program, the scholarship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, conference attendance, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible areas of the program are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards
Each year, approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded.
Citizens of Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, the Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and the Pacific, South and Central Asia, and the Western Hemisphere are all eligible.
Eligibility Criteria For Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
The applicant must have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time professional experience
- Little or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership abilities,
- A track record of community service, and
- English proficiency
Please contact the US Embassy, Public Affairs Section, or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn more about any specific program requirements.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Value/Amount/Inclusions
The Fellowship provides for the following:
• Tuition and fees at the assigned host university; • Pre-academic English language training, if necessary; • A maintenance (living) allowance, which includes a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness insurance; • a stipend for books; • a one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (both international and domestic travel to and from the United States for the program); • A Professional Development allowance for professional activities such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Scholarship Application instructions
Application deadlines vary from country to country but fall between May and September each year. The US Embassy or the nominating binational Fulbright Commission will notify you of their internal deadline for receiving applications.
Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by October 1.
Contact the U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Department or the Fulbright Binational Commission in your country for more information on the application process. It is important to read the FAQ and visit the official website (link below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
How To Apply For Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
Interested candidates can visit here to apply. However, visit the website below for more information.
The deadline for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships varies by country, but generally, between June and August annually.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Official Website:
Official Scholarship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
That’s all about Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program. However, drop your questions, comments, or contributions in the comment box below.
Share this post with your friends and loved ones.