Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 Application: Apply For €20,000 Scholarship Now
The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 is a scheme of scholarships to promote the study of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) at third level by students in Ireland.
Each year Leaving Certificate students can apply for the Naughton scholarship if they intend on studying science, engineering or technology at third level that year.
The Naughton scholarship 2023/2024 is particularly interested in students applying to study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related subjects rather then the more practical sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Veterinary, Physiotherapy etc). For the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024, all applications are reviewed once CAO offers are released and the winners of scholarships are notified by mid October.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Apply for Loran Scholarship Award: Empowering Excellence with $100,000 Opportunity
Full details on who is eligible to apply for the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024, the terms and conditions applicable to the scholarships and answers to frequently asked questions are contained in the sections below.
Brief Description of Naughton scholarship 2023/2024
The Naughton scholarship 2023/2024 is an academic scholarship program established by the Naughton family to support undergraduate students in Ireland and the United States who are pursuing studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. The program aims to promote educational and cultural exchange between the two countries by providing students with the opportunity to study abroad.
The Naughton scholarship program is highly competitive and typically awarded to a select number of outstanding students each year. Recipients of the scholarship receive financial support to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and other related costs during their study abroad experience. The scholarship duration can vary depending on the specific program and university, but it generally supports students for one academic year.
In addition to financial assistance, the Naughton scholarship award also offers various networking and mentorship opportunities to help students develop their academic and professional skills. Scholars may have the chance to engage in research projects, participate in conferences, and connect with leading experts in their chosen field of study.
The Naughton scholarship 2923/2024 At a glance
- Scholarship Value: €20,000 (€5,000 for each year of a four year undergraduate degree) or €15,000 for a three year degree
- Field/level of Study: You must be a second level student who would like to study in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) at University to be eligible for this scholarship
- Degree: Bachelors
- Nationality: Open to Ireland students
- Institution: University College Cork
- Application Deadline: 30 Jun 2023
Each year 36 students are receives Naughton Scholarships award. There is at least one winner from each County in the Republic of Ireland. The Naughton scholarship is intended as a reward and encouragement to exceptional students who would like to study in the STEM field (science, technology, engineering and maths) at any accredited University. More so, the school of each winning student also receives a prize for the schools science labs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE NAUGHTON SCHOLARSHIP 2023/2024?
To be eligible for the Naughton scholarship, candidate Mut meet the following eligibility criteria:
All second-level students who:
- have been attending a recognised school in the Republic of Ireland for at least two years immediately preceding the sitting of the Leaving Certificate examination;
- are sitting examinations in at least two of the following Leaving Certificate science and maths subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Agricultural Science, Technology and Design and Communication Graphics (the “Applicable Subjects”);
- Who intend in the year immediately following their Leaving Certificate to pursue a full-time undergraduate programme of three or more year’s duration in engineering, science or technology related courses, in any publicly funded university or third level institution in Ireland, including Northern Ireland.
What kind of third level courses are eligible for the Naughton scholarships?
- Nearly all third level courses of three or more years duration in any publicly funded university or third level institution in Ireland, including Northern Ireland, related to the fields of engineering, science and technology will be eligible for scholarship.
- Any course must be recognised by and registered with the CAO system or the UCAS system. Courses in England, Scotland and Wales are not eligible.
- Please note that Naughton foundation scholarship do not have a definitive list of acceptable courses as there are so many courses on offer through all the universities and colleges that it would be impossible to have an exact list.
- However in general, the Naughton scholarships are only awarded for courses that are general science, technology, maths and engineering degrees rather than more focused practitioner courses in medicine, dentistry, nursing, veterinary or architecture.
Value of the Naughton scholarship Award
The value of the award is €20,000 (€5,000 for each year of a four-year undergraduate degree) or €15,000 for a three-year degree.
The Naughton Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The Trustees of The Naughton Foundation have established a Selection Panel for assessing all applications.
- Significant importance and preference will be given to those candidates who achieve the highest combined results in the Leaving Certificate in the Applicable Subjects (Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Physics and Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Agricultural Science, Technology and Design and Communication Graphics).
- However, the Selection Panel will also review and evaluate the merits and eligibility of candidates using several other criteria, including:
- the interest, ability and potential of the candidate to study their chosen course;
- the existence and severity of any disadvantages or barriers which may prevent or hinder the candidate from their chosen field;
- the candidate’s motivation, commitment and disposition to benefit from third-level education and to complete the course of study successfully; and
- the candidate’s personal statements will bear strongly on their likelihood of success.
The onus is on the candidate in completing the Application Form, particularly the personal statements, to demonstrate how well to which s/he meets these criteria.
How To Apply For the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024
Here is the step-by-step approach on how to apply for the Naughton scholarship program:
- To be considered for a scholarship students must:
- (a) be attending a second level school in the Republic of Ireland
- (b) be a 2020 applicant applying for admission to an engineering, science, maths or technology related course in any publicly funded university or third-level institution in Ireland, including Northern Ireland.
- A copy of the full ‘Terms and Conditions 2023‘ can be downloaded here. However, a copy will also been supplied to each relevant second level school.
- Candidates must complete an online Application Forms. The online Application Form will be open from 1st March 2023.
- N.B. For Dublin and Cork students, please choose your location based on the City/County Council your school is in.
- N.B. Please give a correct email address as all applications will only be acknowledged by email and it is the only method by which we will communicate your password to you. Note, it is your responsibility to upload your Leaving Certificate Results and College Offer to the the Naughton Foundation website once they have been received by you.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an automated response email. If you do not receive this email please write to/let Naughton foundation know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please pay particular attention to the personal statements in Section III of the Application Form as they will have a significant bearing on your application.
- The Closing Date (application deadline) for receipt of applications is midnight on 30th June 2023.
- General Data Protection Regulations:
(i) Please note that we hold and process your personal details as they relate to our Scholarship Program only.(ii) We keep your personal details private and safe on secure servers and do not share them with anyone. The exception to the above is that Scholarship Winners names and images will be announced and displayed on our website under our list of Scholarship winners.
(iii) If you would like a copy of the application you submitted to Naughton scholarship Foundation, you can email us at any time and we will send you a copy of same.
- You can request that we update, amend or delete your application details by emailing us at email@example.com
Award of Naughton scholarship 2023/2024
Upon receipt of candidates Leaving Certificates, all candidates must submit their Leaving Certificate results and CAO offer by the deadline via the uplink on the Naughton Foundation’s website www.thenaughtonfoundation.ie. Scholarships will then be awarded to successful candidates, subject to:
- Verification of Leaving Certificate results;
- Any necessary verification of information provided in the Application Form, including contact with any referees;
- An offer of a place and confirmation of registration on the relevant third level course. The latter consideration may result in an offer of a Scholarship being made on a conditional basis initially.
Any scholarships awarded will continue, at the same amount as awarded for the first year, for each of the following two or three years of attendance, as applicable, subject to certification by the relevant third level institute of the candidate’s satisfactory performance, including examinations, for each academic year.
Note: No scholarship money will be paid for any academic year that is repeated. The exact conditions governing the scholarship will be detailed to the successful candidates when the offer is made.
FAQs About Naughton scholarship 2023/2024
What is the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024?
A: The Naughton scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program established by the Naughton family to support exceptional students from Ireland who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields at participating universities in Ireland.
Can I get an education loan to study abroad at University College Cork
Yes, you can get an education loan to study abroad at University College Cork. Note: Education loans are of two types- Collateral and non collateral. Collateral includes either: Immovable property – a house or a flat or land (or) liquid security – an FD, or LIC or shares or bonds. Agricultural lands are not accepted by any bank for education loan.
When is the deadline of The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024?
The deadline of The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 is 30 Jun 2023.
For which degree is The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 offered for?
The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 is offered for Bachelor’s degree
Which field is The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 offered for?
The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 is offered for Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM).
Who can apply for The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024?
The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 is open to Ireland students.
Who is offering The Naughton Scholarship 2023?
The Naughton Scholarship 2023 is offered by University College Cork.
What is the funding covered in The Naughton Scholarship 2023?
The Naughton Scholarship 2023/2024 Covers Partial Funding, €5,000 per year for four years.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the Naughton scholarship?
A: The Naughton scholarship is open to students who are citizens of Ireland or China. Applicants must have a strong academic record, particularly in STEM subjects, and must demonstrate leadership potential and a passion for their chosen field of study.
Q: Can international students apply for the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024?
A: No, the Naughton scholarship is specifically for students who are citizens of Ireland. International students from other countries are not eligible to apply.
Q: What expenses does the Naughton scholarship cover?
A: The Naughton scholarship typically covers a portion of the recipients’ tuition fees, as well as a contribution towards accommodation and living expenses. The exact amount and breakdown of the scholarship benefits may vary each year and are determined by the Naughton Foundation.
Q: How can I apply for the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024?
A: The application process for the Naughton scholarship usually involves submitting an online application form, providing academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations, and reasons for applying for the scholarship. Detailed instructions and application deadlines can be found on the official Naughton scholarship website.
Q: How are the recipients of the Naughton scholarship 2023/2024 selected?
A: The selection process for the Naughton scholarship typically involves a thorough review of the applications by a selection committee. The committee considers various factors such as academic merit, leadership potential, extracurricular activities, and personal statements. Shortlisted candidates may also be invited for interviews as part of the selection process.
Q: What are the obligations or requirements for Naughton scholarship 2023/2024 recipients?
A: Naughton scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a high level of academic performance throughout their studies. They may also be required to participate in events or activities organized by the Naughton Foundation and act as ambassadors for the scholarship program. Detailed obligations and requirements will be communicated to the recipients upon selection.
Q: Is the Naughton scholarship 2023 renewable for multiple years?
A: The Naughton scholarship is typically awarded for one year at a time, and recipients may have the opportunity to renew their scholarship for subsequent years of their undergraduate program, provided they meet the academic and other requirements set by the Naughton Foundation. It is important to review the specific terms and conditions of the scholarship each year for renewal eligibility.
Apply for Loran Scholarship Award: Empowering Excellence with $100,000 Opportunity
Ngee Ann Kongsi Scholarship Application Form 2023/2024: See How To Apply Free
Italian Visa South Africa: A Comprehensive Guide to Fulfill Your Italian Dreams in 2023
Best Scholarships For Hispanic Students 2023-Hispanic Scholarship Fund