NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore 2023-2024 – Apply Now
NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore: The NUS merit Scholarships 2023 are highly coveted scholarships awarded to high-caliber individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, excellent co-curricular activity records, and outstanding leadership qualities. NUS Scholars are expected to make significant contributions to the NUS community while at NUS and to emerge as dynamic global leaders capable of affecting positive social change after graduation.
An Overview of the NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore
The National University of Singapore (NUS) Merit Scholarship is a prestigious undergraduate scholarship offered by NUS to outstanding students who have demonstrated academic excellence, strong leadership potential, and a passion for community service. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation allowance, living allowance, and a one-time computer allowance.
There are two levels of NUS merit Scholarships offered to prospective students:
- NUS Global Merit Scholarship
- NUS Merit Scholarship
Therefore, interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for both tiers of the NUS Scholarships, the NUS Sports Scholarship, and the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship.
To be eligible for the NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore, applicants must have outstanding academic achievements, demonstrated leadership potential, and a strong commitment to community service. The scholarship is open to all nationalities, but candidates must be applying for full-time undergraduate programs at NUS.
Postgraduate Scholarships For Singaporeans 2023/2024 – Apply Now
Masters Scholarships in Environmental Science (Fully Funded) – Apply Now
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships Program 2023/2024
The selection process for the NUS Merit Scholarship is highly competitive and involves a rigorous evaluation of academic achievements, leadership potential, and extracurricular activities. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, and the final selection will be based on the overall performance of the candidates in the selection process.
Recipients of the NUS Merit Scholarship are expected to maintain a high level of academic excellence and actively participate in community service activities. They are also expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills and contribute positively to the NUS community.
NUS Scholarship Summary
- Study Location/Country: Singapore
- Level: Undergraduates
- Course of Study: All Courses (Any full-time undergraduate courses leading to a first degree)
- Value of the Award:
- Annual living allowance of S$6,000
- One-time computer allowance of S$2,000
Eligibility Criteria For NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore
To be eligible for the NUS Scholarship Singapore, applicants must:
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities record
- Possess outstanding;
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level,
- local polytechnic diploma,
- International Baccalaureate diploma,
- NUS High School diploma, or
- equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree program at NUS. Note, only limited scholarships are available for Dentistry, Medicine, and Music.
Scholarship Benefits of NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year by the 2nd round of application windows and fulfills NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation. This guarantee applies only to the halls of residence and student residences, and not to the residential colleges.
- Guaranteed offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’s overseas partner universities
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions/Requirements
- The NUS Merit Scholarship is offered to scholars to read a full-time undergraduate course at NUS that has been offered to the scholar at the time of the scholarship offer and is valid for the normal candidature period.
- Scholarship recipients (scholars) may not hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award, or allowance at the same time without prior permission from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed each semester if the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct.
- Suppose the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely. In that case, the University reserves the right to demand repayment of all scholarship funds disbursed to the scholar.
Application process – How To Apply For NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore
To apply for the NUS Merit Scholarship 2023, follow these application instructions:
- Applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted.
- Click here to apply and view the application dates.
- Interested applicants are required to submit the following after completing the scholarship form:
- Submit one (1) referee report (to be submitted online separately via the Referee Portal by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor), after completing the scholarship form.
- Click here to download the checklist and access the online facilities
Shortlisting Process for NUS Scholarships
- NUS Scholarships applicants will be evaluated based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s) if shortlisted. With the exceptions of the following:
- NUS Scholarships applicants who have chosen Dentistry, Law, and/or Medicine as their top courses and are shortlisted for the Dentistry/Law/Medicine admission tests/interviews will be evaluated based on their performance in the Dentistry/Law/Medicine admission tests/interviews. Such applicants may be subjected to additional scholarship selection interviews.
- Applicants for NUS Scholarships who have previously been offered admission to Dentistry, Law, or Medicine will be evaluated based on their performance in the Dentistry/Law/Medicine admission tests/interviews in the year in which they were admitted. For such applicants, additional scholarship selection interviews may be conducted.
- Applicants who have been chosen for a selection interview will be notified via email. Selection interviews will begin in late March, and applicants will be notified of the results of their scholarship applications by late May. To be considered for scholarships, please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews. If you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) for any reason, your scholarship application will be withdrawn (s).
- If there are no candidates of sufficient merit, NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship. The selection committee’s decision is final. Inquiries or disagreements about its decisions will not be entertained.
For inquiries about NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore, click here.
FAQs About NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore
Here are the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about nus scholarships:
Q: What is NUS Merit Scholarship?
A: NUS Merit Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential, and strong character. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and a living allowance for the duration of the undergraduate course.
Q: Who is eligible to apply for NUS Merit Scholarship?
A: The scholarship is open to all nationalities and is awarded based on academic merit, leadership potential, and character. Candidates must have excellent academic results and a strong record of leadership and community involvement.
Q: How can I apply for NUS Merit Scholarship 2023?
A: You can apply for NUS Merit Scholarships through the NUS Office of Admissions. The application process usually opens in late February or early March and closes in mid-April. You will need to submit your application online and provide supporting documents such as academic transcripts, recommendations, and personal statements.
Q: When will the results of the scholarship be announced?
A: The results of the scholarship are usually announced in May or June. Successful applicants will be notified via email or letter.
Q: What are the benefits of the NUS Merit Scholarship?
A: The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation expenses, and a living allowance for the duration of the undergraduate course. It also provides opportunities for networking, leadership training, and overseas exposure.
Q: Is it difficult to get NUS Merit Scholarship?
A: NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore is highly competitive, and only a limited number of scholarships are awarded each year. However, if you have a strong academic record, leadership potential, and character, and you demonstrate these qualities in your application, you may have a good chance of being selected.
Q: Can I apply for other scholarships in addition to NUS Merit Scholarships?
A: Yes, you can apply for other scholarships offered by NUS or external organizations. However, you must inform the Office of Admissions if you are awarded any other scholarship, as this may affect your eligibility for NUS Merit Scholarship.
The NUS Merit Scholarship Singapore are highly coveted scholarship awarded to high-caliber individuals who demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activity records, and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities. NUS Scholars are expected to contribute significantly to the NUS community while in NUS and emerge as dynamic global leaders who are capable of effecting a positive change in society after they graduate.