NYSC Registration Requirements Mobilization 2023/2023 – Free Guidelines and Requirements
Are you a Nigerian graduate planning to go to NYSC? Do you want to know the NYSC registration requirement? If yes, tontimes brings to you all the requirements and guidelines for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) registration and mobilization.
This is to notify all prospective corps members, i.e. Nigerians who have graduated from universities and mono/polytechnics both at home and abroad, that the NYSC registration portal has opened on June. Therefore, prospective corps members can now register for the Batch mobilization exercises.
NYSC Registration Requirements
After confidently checking and seeing your name on the senate list, the next step is to register for NYSC.
Every prospective corps member whose name appeared on the NYSC mobilization list will register on the NYSC portal at this time.
The NYSC portal is always open for the start of NYSC online registration for each NYSC batch and stream.
There is always a date in the NYSC timetable that specifies how long the NYSC online registration will last and when it will end.
However, the online registration for NYSC Batch B Stream 1 begins on June 3rd, 2022, and ends on June 10th, 2022.
The NYSC registration period will last seven days. Therefore, prospective corps members must correctly fill out and submit the registration form online with their information.
General NYSC Registration Requirements
The following are the basic documents and requirements for registering on the NYSC portal:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Your Personal Active Phone Number
- Biometric Verification
- Valid Email Account (Gmail preferably)
- Institution Attended (Primary School, Secondary School, and Higher Institution)
- JAMB Registration Number
- Matriculation Number
- Marital Status: If you are married, please provide the following documentation: newspaper change of name, husband’s valid ID card, marriage certificate, utility bill, and an attestation letter from the current employment of the husband.
- Already Have a Previous Call-up? Yes or No;
- Passport (White Background)
- Physically Challenged
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Present Contact Address
- Permanent Address
- Nigerian Language(s) you speak
- Next of Kin Data
- Military Personnel/Paramilitary/National Award Honour Details (if among)
- Nigerian State(s) visited
- Kits Specification (Shirt Size and Trouser Size)
NYSC Registration Requirements For Foreign-Trained Nigerian Graduates
Prospective corps members should take the following precautions to ensure a smooth registration process:
Register in any of the following websites below:
Here are the requirements as gotten from the NYSC official portal:
For registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps, the originals and photocopies of the following documents are required. However, please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of Results, and Attestation letters are not acceptable.
- First University Degree or HND Certificate
- Complete official transcript of the first Degree or HND course
- Marksheet (for Indian Universities only)
- O’level certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE. NECO, IGCE, GCSE, high school diploma for those schooled in USA etc. Note that Online Result Print out is not acceptable in place of the original certificate
- Candidates must obtain credit in not less than five (5) subjects (including English and Mathematics) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Please keep in mind that TOP UP program/course participants must upload their foundation certificate, such as APTECH, OND, NIIT, IMFORMATICS, and so on.
- Medical Doctors and optometrists Pharmacists, nurses, medical laboratory scientists, radiographers, physiotherapists, and all other health-care professionals must show their registration certificate and practicing license from the appropriate bodies. Additional documents, such as an oath and a letter of introduction from the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria, must be presented by pharmacists.
More so, it should be noted that online result printouts cannot be used in place of the original certificates. However, statements of Results are also not accepted.
TRAVEL DOCUMENT; Nigerian International Passport Clearly Showing:
- Entry visa to the country of study.
- Date of First Departure from Nigeria or first Date of entry into the country of study.
- Date of Return to Nigeria after the Study
- Data page(s) of international passport(s) used during the study period.
- Graduates with dual nationality must upload the data pages of both international passports and present them for verification at the physical verification center/orientation camp. However, where more than one passports were used during the period of study, candidate should upload data pages of all the international passports.
- Candidates who used more than one international passport during the study period should upload Data Pages of the International Passports.
- Residence permit /visa covering the period of study.
See also: US work sponsored visa.
LOSS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
The following are required for the loss of academic credentials:
- A Detailed Police report
- Sworn affidavit from Court of law
- Confirmation of results from the examination body (in the case of lost O’Level certificates) or the institution of graduation (for loss of degree,HND, Certificates)
- The newly obtained International Passport’s personal data page must be uploaded.
Important Information: Certicates/Transcripts Not written in English must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied before being presented to the NYSC.
Loss Of International Passport
In the event that an international passport is lost, a prospective Corps Member must obtain the following:
- Reports from police and immigration in the country where the passport went missing.
- Sworn affidavit from the court
- Other evidence of stay in the country of study, and
- A new International Passport: Upload the Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passpor.
How To Register For NYSC Online
The following are the steps for registering for NYSC online:
Note: Only those whose names appear on the senate list submitted by their institutions will be able to register as locally trained graduates.
- Visit the NYSC Portal and create an account using your valid email address.
- Activate your newly created account by clicking on the activation link sent to the email address you provided when you created the account.
- Login to your dashboard and complete the bio-data form.
- Do Thumbprinting and biometric capturing
- Upload a passport photo with a clean, off-white background.
- Scan and upload your signature.
- Check your registration form to ensure all of the information is correct.
- The click on Accept to accept the terms and conditions of registration.
- Click on Submit.
- Make your payment.
- Save your login information for future use.
- Then, Print out your green card and COVID slip within 24 hours after submission and payment.
How Much is NYSC Registration?
- Be cautious of the NYSC online registration scam and don’t let anyone take advantage of you. There are always different methods hungry people will use to extort you during every registration. So, be very careful.
- For NYSC registration, you will need to pay between 4,000 and 5,500 (including cyber cafe fees). Only pay this amount on the NYSC official website if you want to print your green card (with your call-up number) and COVID slip within 24 hours of registering.
- The NYSC registration process is not first come, first served. Because simply registering on the first day does not guarantee that you will be deployed to Lagos or Abuja.
- During the NYSC registration process, provide accurate and complete information. If you can’t remember something, you can always confirm it before proceeding with your registration.
- www.nysc.gov.ng / nysc.org.ng / portal.nysc.org.ng are the original NYSC official websites.
- Graduates from institutions outside of Nigeria must go to the NYSC portal, register, and upload their documents.
NYSC Orientation Camp NYSC Registration Requirements
These documents listed below are compulsory for NYSC orientation camp registration. Therefore, if you fail to provide any of them at the camp, you may not be registered.
- Final year school ID Card
- Statement of Result. This can be B.Sc or HND
- NYSC Call-up letter
- Recent Passport Photographs
- NYSC Green card
- Uploaded Documents
- Medical Certificate of Fittness
Was this NYSC Registration Requirements helpful?
Let us know your comments, questions, and contributions about NYSC Registration/mobilization Requirements in the comment section. More so, share this with your friends and loved ones on social media.