Top Scholarships In Europe For International Students
Are you a prospective student planning to study in Europe? Then, you might be eligible for one of the top scholarships in Europe for international students. International students all over the world dream of studying in Europe. This is as a result of their advanced educational system, rich beauty, heritage, renowned culture, and siren environment.
European universities and governments spend millions of euros each year to attract high-potential international students. Each country in Europe has its own fee policy, but in general, it is lower than in other top study destinations such as Canada, the United States, or Australia.
In fact, some European countries offer free study programs. Many students work part-time while studying or during their university breaks to supplement their income.
See Also: Tuition Free Universities In UK-Apply Now!
You May Also Like; Christian Connector Sholarships (Fully-funded)
In this article, we have compiled the top scholarships in Europe for foreign students, all of which are open to applications.
List Of Top 10 Scholarships In Europe International Students
Below is the list of Europe Scholarships, Grants, and Fellowships for International Students:
1. The Deutschlandstipendium at German Universities-Top Scholarships In Europe
High-achieving students from around the world who want to study Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs at public and state-recognized universities in Germany can apply for the Deutschlandstipendium. This is Germany’s largest public-private partnership scholarship program.
Many universities and private sponsors also provide assistance to holders of the Deutschlandstipendium through concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships.
- Deadline: University-dependent (Annual)
- Study in: Germany
- Course starts 2023
- Level of Study: Bachelors/Master’s Degree
- Host Institution: German institutions of higher education
2. Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards given to outstanding all-round students at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes Scholarship, established in Cecil Rhodes’ will in 1902, is the world’s oldest and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program ever.
- Sponsor: Rhodes Scholarship Fund
- Level of study: Masters/Ph.D. Degree
- Deadline:varies, July-Oct (annual)
- Study in: UK
- The course starts in October 2022
- Host Institution: Oxford University, UK.
3. Belgian Government Scholarship
The Belgian government ARES scholarship provides an opportunity to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education course at a higher education institution in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
There are 130 Bachelor’s and Master’s scholarships available, as well as seventy continuing education scholarships.
- Level of study: Bachelor, Master, and Continuing education
- Deadline: 28 January 2023
- Country: Belgium.
4. Italian Government Scholarships for International Students
According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens not residing in Italy and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* for the academic year 2022-2023 in order to foster international cultural, scientific, and technological cooperation, promote Italian language and culture, and support Italy’s economic system in the world.
Grants are available to pursue study, training, and/or research programs at public and legally recognized Italian higher education institutes.
- Sponsor: Italian Government
- Level: Masters/Ph.D. Degrees
- Deadline: 9 June (annually)
- Study in: Italy
- Host Institution(s): Italian Higher Education Institutes
- Next Course starts AY 2022/2023.
5. DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme provides excellent graduates from developing countries with the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in disciplines of special relevance to their home country’s social, political, and economic development at German institutions of higher learning.
- Sponsor: DAAD
- Level: Master’s Degree
- Deadline:31 July (annually)
- Study in: Germany
- Host Institution(s): German institutions of higher education
- Next course starts Sept/Oct 2023
Click here for details.
6. Rhodes Global Scholarships-Top Scholarships In Europe
Until recently, Rhodes Scholarships were only available in 20 constituencies (representing over 60 different countries). The Rhodes Scholarships are now fully global: two new Global Scholarships are available to qualified candidates from the rest of the world (subject to nomination).
The Rhodes Global Scholarship Program seeks outstanding young leaders who are eager to tackle global challenges and promote international understanding and peace.
- Sponsor: Rhodes Scholarship Fund
- Levels: Masters/Ph.D. Degree
- Deadline: 1 Aug 2022 (annual)
- Study in: UK
- Host Institution: Oxford University in UK
- Next course starts Oct 2023
- Click here for more.
7. SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students
The scholarships help young talented international students who have demonstrated a social commitment through volunteer work in their home countries. Students from Eastern Europe, South America, Asia, and Africa are eligible for the scholarship.
Deadline: December 31, 2023.
8. Amsterdam Merit Scholarships-Top Scholarships In Europe
Students with non-EU/EEA passports who have applied to the University of Amsterdam for a degree program may apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship. The AMS deadlines differ depending on the Faculty or Graduate School.
Application Deadline: January, 15, 2023 (anually)
Host Country: Netherlands.
9. Gates Cambridge Scholarships-Top Scholarships In Europe
Gates Cambridge awards 80 tuition-free scholarships each year to outstanding international applicants from countries other than the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge. PhD students will receive roughly two-thirds of these awards.
Level: Master, PhD.
Application Deadline: 6 January 2023 (anually)
10. University of Sussex Chancellors International Scholarships
International postgraduate applicants who can demonstrate academic excellence are eligible for one of 25 scholarships that provide a 50% tuition fee reduction. To be considered for the Chancellors International Scholarship, you must have been offered and accepted a place on an eligible Masters programme at Sussex.
Deadline: 1 May 2022.
Having gone through the post on the top scholarships in Europe for international students, the choice is now yours to apply for anyone of your choice.
Was that helpful?
Let us know your thought know the above topic. More so, don’t forget to share withe your friends on social media pages.